Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 11, 2014   #1
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Default OZBO - so slow

Great prices, some soil mixes, ferts, etc. hard to find in my area. But ... I ordered a few items (my favorite brand, Espoma Seed Starter, was not available locally this year) and it is still being sent "To Warehouse" after several weeks.

Be prepared to use for next season if you order. I love a bargain but some things never change. These are the infamous Tomato Tone sellers.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2014   #2
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Agreed! Just ordered 60 pounds of Espoma lime for the containers. Hopefully, it will arrive before March or else I'll have to pick some up at Home Depot. The flat shipping rate of $2.95 (after the 5% discount) can't be beat... saves loading and hauling this home from the local store.

Raybo
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11, 2014   #3
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

I called after posting this and Ozbo sent the items they had in stock with the other items on backorder. I called back 2 weeks ago (when the terrible snowstorms hit the east coast) and they said the remainder of the order just shipped. Still not here My credit card was charged for the full amount when the partial order shipped. Grrr!

- Lisa

Last edited by greenthumbomaha; February 11, 2014 at 12:14 AM.
Old February 11, 2014   #4
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Lisa,

My order was delivered within 2 weeks of order date. Mine was in stock, so I am sure your back-ordered items caused their problem. Hang in there - -

Raybo
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2014   #5
DonnaMarieNJ
Tomatovillian™

I ordered three 20 lb bags of Tomato-Tone from Ozbo on Wednesday. Today, Friday, I received an e-mail confirmation that my bags have been shipped. Hopefully, the box won't be crushed from the weight. I think, at least so far, that Ozbo is a good company.

What I can't understand (and has nothing to do with tomatoes or this thread), is that ONE pail of Tidy Cats litter costs between $45 and $50! I can get the exact same 35 pound pail at walmart for about $15. I don't get it. When I called today, they insisted that their site pricing was correct.

I do not want to take over your thread - just commenting - sorry!

I pay the mortgage, but my cats own the house!
DonnaMarieNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2014   #6
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

My order arrived a few days ago. They went to check again and actually the poor woman heard the story and loaded the heavy cart herself. Now I have 3 16qt bags of Espoma seed starter for next year as I had to purchase a local product instead. They have items I can't get locally and the shipping is very cheap for these bulk items but from my experience you can't expect it in a reasonable time with certainty.

- Lisa
Old April 7, 2014   #7
snippits
Tomatovillian™

Ozbo has 20 lb bag of Tomato Tone for 14.06 with 5 percent off coupon code plus 4.95 shipping. 19.01 to my door is the cheapest I have seen it, and I will need it for my plantings soon.

It says it's in stock, so should I buy it? If anybody knows where I can get it cheaper let me know.
snippits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2014   #8
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Ozbo can be a good source for gardening stuff. I have ordered Earth Boxes, fertilizers, potting mix, dolomite lime and more. Never a problem.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2014   #9
RebelRidin
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by snippits View Post
Ozbo has 20 lb bag of Tomato Tone for 14.06 with 5 percent off coupon code plus 4.95 shipping. 19.01 to my door is the cheapest I have seen it, and I will need it for my plantings soon.

It says it's in stock, so should I buy it? If anybody knows where I can get it cheaper let me know.
I received my order of three bags last week. Took six days from order to my door.

George

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure."
Thomas Jefferson, 1787
RebelRidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2014   #10
snippits
Tomatovillian™

I placed the order for the 20 lb of Tomato Tone for 19.01 to my door. I got 500 reward points for placing the order since I am a new customer, and 500 points gets me free shipping on next order.

Hopefully I will get my order in a reasonable amount of time.
snippits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2015   #11
eltex

Resurrection here...

Anyone know if Ozbo went out of business or something? I can't seem to find a working page for them anymore.
Old January 20, 2015   #12
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltex View Post
Resurrection here...

Anyone know if Ozbo went out of business or something? I can't seem to find a working page for them anymore.
Looks like they are alive and well on Amazon.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2015   #13
FLRedHeart
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltex View Post
Resurrection here...

65,000 foot ecommerce warehouse company silent since last August; frequently sold inventory it didn't have at the right price, accused of not being authorized to sell some products by manufacturers, toll free number out of service at the moment, founder -former storefront website builder- left in November for Booking.com (European competitor of Expedia owned by Priceline ), eBay site dead a month ago ending with 50% negatives

... maybe it is left over in Amazon's fulfillment warehouse ...
Maybe the party really is over ... I don't think I'd risk my money with this!
FLRedHeart is offline   Reply With Quote