Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating melons, cucumbers, squash, pumpkins and gourds.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 29, 2008   #1
Addicted
Tomatovillian™

Default A few pics of my squash and a Question.

My squash is growing so fast in the kiddie pool,It seems to get bigger overnight sometimes.But i only know that it is summer squash but i have no idea what variety.I am wondering how i will know when to harvest it if i Don't know what variety it is.

I have 2 pics,the squash pictured is about the size of a baseball and round like one too,as you can see.

.................................................. ..................................

And one more thing please,I just planted 6 onion plants i bought today.In the book i was reading it says to keep the tops of the onion plant trimmed to 4 inches to keep it"Stalky"I did because most of it was broken anyway from being handled roughly at the green house.I try not to trust everything i read so i would like to hear what people here do with their onions.

Thanks
Jason.
Addicted is offline   Reply With Quote