Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old November 12, 2017   #196
sdambr
Tomatovillian™

Hi Gary, PM and email of list sent. Package ready and going out tomorrow.

"There are only two ways to live your life: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle."
Albert Einstein
sdambr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12, 2017   #197
Spike2
Tomatovillian™

I sure hope you received my package! Sent it out before I went on vacation in Oct!
Spike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2017   #198
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Arriving in the past couple of days...

AL Be E
BEL (all 4)
CAN Ol K
CAN Os W
ID Ol S
IL Er E
NY D'A S

Posting the non-tomato varieties will be delayed. I may be off-line most of the next 10 days, or so. Hopefully I can get online to post the list, soon.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16, 2017   #199
Ann123
Tomatovillian™

Yeah!
Ann123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17, 2017   #200
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Hmm, I'm not on the list. Hope I can find the receipt. There was a trace on it. Wonder what someone will do with a pack full of seeds. Oh, the hybrid cash is universal. Fingers crossed.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22, 2017   #201
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

I'm pretty sure your package arrived. It may have been the lone package near the end of a week, and I missed listing it.

Latest arrivals...

CAN Fe G
OH Br P
PA We K
TX Ki C
Old November 22, 2017   #202
nancyruhl
Tomatovillian™

Just wondering about mine. It should have gotten there at least a week ago.
nancyruhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23, 2017   #203
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyruhl View Post
Just wondering about mine. It should have gotten there at least a week ago.

If you took it to a post office and the clerk affixed the postage label to it, there should be a tracking number for it on your receipt. The tracking is now included in the price.

I had stamps on mine, but asked the PO clerk to verify that I had put enough on, and he just automatically printed out a tracking label for the mailer and gave me a $0 receipt with the tracking number.

But if you stuck $3 worth of stamps on it and left it in an outgoing mailbox, then you won't have a tracking number.

I hope it made it!
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23, 2017   #204
Fritz77
Tomatovillian™

I've been busy and quiet for a while here on T'ville. However, the swap was a lot of fun last year so I decided to partecipate again. I was the last one to sign in and likely one of the last ones to send out my seeds. I sent mine last week (Nov. 15th). The lady at the Post Office said it will take 7-10 days to get there from here, so I hope you get them soon.
Fritz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27, 2017   #205
HappyGardener23
Tomatovillian™

Posting to give info/ask forgiveness....I lost track of the swap schedule and for some reason thought that it happened around Thanksgiving. I checked in yesterday only to discover that I had just missed the boat. Tormato, I tried to message you but I am sure you are swamped. I took a leap that maybe I could still get in under the wire and sent a package with 170 seed packets via priority mail this morning. They should be to you by Thursday latest so says the USPS. I can message what I sent if that helps with planning. If I was too late, consider the seeds a gift, I just wanted to take a shot because I LOVE this swap and it brightens my growing season exponentially!
HappyGardener23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2017   #206
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
I'm pretty sure your package arrived. It may have been the lone package near the end of a week, and I missed listing it.

Latest arrivals...

CAN Fe G
OH Br P
PA We K
TX Ki C

Yup, that must have been mine. I found the mailing receipt and traced it, shows delivered to you, Gary. My package was hiding one of the first years I joined too. Got some great seeds that you put together from left overs!

I sent two varieties of saved specialty pumpkin seeds and they should be at your mailbox. The new tracing feature that they give you when you get a metered stamp at the post office (in my case a customer service counter inside a grocery) is a huge improvement over the old paper traces. Fun to watch the progression of places your package goes along the way.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1, 2017   #207
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Having one of those weeks...when almost everything goes wrong.

I think it started when I sat down to peel 5 pounds of carrots and realized I had the can opener in my hand, not the veggie peeler.

I finished the list of all non-tomato seeds, but forgot to take it with me to the computer. Oh well, one more package is due. So, I can add it and not have to post twice.
Old December 1, 2017   #208
Spike2
Tomatovillian™

I sent my son, his grandmothers diamond engagement ring so he could propose to his lady. No worries! I sent a package of seeds to Tormato and checked the tracking number every hour. . . it is a sickness!
Spike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1, 2017   #209
PhilaGardener
Tomatovillian™

Gee, his relationship turns seedy and Tormato gets the rock?

No, don't worry - I'm sure they were right!
PhilaGardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2, 2017   #210
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike2 View Post
I sent my son, his grandmothers diamond engagement ring so he could propose to his lady. No worries! I sent a package of seeds to Tormato and checked the tracking number every hour. . . it is a sickness!
Wow. You must have lots of faith in your postal authorities. Here the quality of service has steadily gone down while the prices have skyrocketed
I would never trust the mail to send anything valuable ... it's not like the golden 80's any more..
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote