Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 20, 2018   #1
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Default Need Recommendation for 2 Gallon Tank Sprayer

Just as the title say, what do you use and do you like it?

I also would like to hear ones that you tried and didn't like and why.

The 4 gallon backpack ones would probably be too heavy.

I already have a 1 gallon one and a hose end sprayer.

I have a small Solo sprayer that I use for watering microgreens and love it. Is the Solo 2 gallon one any good?

Thanks for any advice,
Barb
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20, 2018   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
Just as the title say, what do you use and do you like it?

I also would like to hear ones that you tried and didn't like and why.

The 4 gallon backpack ones would probably be too heavy.

I already have a 1 gallon one and a hose end sprayer.

I have a small Solo sprayer that I use for watering microgreens and love it. Is the Solo 2 gallon one any good?

Thanks for any advice,
Barb
Barb, the only sprayer I ever used was the 2 gal Solo one and I loved it.The wand and line could be hooked on to the sprayer, by turning the nozzle where the spray comes out you can always adjust it for mist,to heavier to a direct hard spray.

So yes, I loved it and it's still here where I live but too few plants to spray. So the woman who is supposedly caring for not just my tomatoes, but also everything out there uses a spray bottle,I think it's quart one,the kind that many used to spray on clothes to be ironed,yes,that once happened,sheesh,now I think it was one of those qt bottles that you filled with what you wanted to drink, added ice cubes,and there was a hole for a plastic straw in the middle.

I'm pretty sure that most folks already know this,but NEVER add more than one specific spray to ANY sprayer. For instance, if It's Daconil that's being used,don't add any fertilizers to the tank at the same time.

Always flush the tank and lines with water after use.

If anyone uses WEED killer always use a separate tank for that.If you don't do that the result will be HORRIFIC, trust me on that.

Summary? YES,use a 2 gal Solo sprayer and you will be happy happy.

Carolyn
Old December 20, 2018   #3
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Carolyn for the recommendation. My husband has different sprayers for everything he puts on the grass.

I have used the same 1 gallon one for Neem Oil and for Dipel; Neem Oil just leaves it so coated and when cleaning it with brushes, the sprayer was better and the brushes were so oily.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2018   #4
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Barb, I use an earlier model/version of this product. The overall shape of mine is identical to this one. There are two here I would recommend and I've linked to both. I've tried the cheaper ones and they just don't last. I've bought some of those little fat round things and the seals fail or the wand falls apart after a few uses. I've never had one last an entire season. This year, I'm buying a three gallon version and will put some wheels on it (I'm making a rig similar to a hand truck). Even the two gallon models get to be hard on the shoulder, due to the shoulder straps, when the bottle is full.

This is the one I have an older model of:
https://www.amazon.com/Smith-190364-...+smith+sprayer

And this is the other one:https://www.amazon.com/D-B-Smith-2-G...+smith+sprayer

My "wheels" will accommodate two sprayers like these.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2018   #5
Greatgardens
Tomatovillian™

The Solo 430-2G I bought last Feb. worked great. I especially like the included option of the "fan" nozzle. This cuts my spray time dramatically. This is a quality sprayer. The prices vary quite a bit at Amazon, but right now $30.

The "cheapies" I've bought were OK, but didn't last more than a few years, and then I couldn't get parts to fix them. This one is way better!

GG

Last edited by Greatgardens; December 24, 2018 at 09:44 AM.
Greatgardens is offline   Reply With Quote