Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 17, 2018   #1
DocBrock
Tomatovillian™

Default Water soluble fertilizers?

I've got plants in earthboxes with tomato-tone as my fertilizer strip and I've had pretty awesome results. However I still have some peppers, watermelons, and tomatoes in buckets and im having trouble applying the granular ferts because the root growth is so dense that I have to cut roots to put it below the surface of the soil. I was using dr earth 3-2-2 home grown liquid but I'm out. What I ordered was supposed to be 4-6-2 but for some reason it arrived as 3-2-2, not really sure how that works but it makes me Leary of the company having 2 formulations that I don't know which one will arrive. I've used 5-1-1 Alaska fish on transplants, but I wanted to switch to something with more p and k once the plants blossom. Would I be in good shape to continue to use the 5-1-1 on young plants and move over to one of the Neptune's Harvest products? They've got a rose/flowering formula that's 2-6-4. I've read great things about Texas tomato food, but something in it isn't organic and I want to stay 100% organic if Im able to. Any suggestions beyond the products I listed are welcome. Thanks!
DocBrock is offline   Reply With Quote