Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old March 9, 2007   #31
velikipop
Tomatovillian™

Wouldn't you know it as soon as I sprinkled a few new seeds over the old ones that had not sprouted presto ...they decide to come up!!! Wes, Aunt Ginny's Purple,Kosovo, Milka's Bulgarian and Wisconcin 55 came up today, ten days after sowing. Nothing from Berkley Tye Dye, Lithuanian or Livingston's Beauty yet.

So far only one Bhut Jolokia out of five has sprouted. I am happy with that given that its cousin Naga Morich was a complete failure.

Tania, thanks for the observation on Sungold, I'll remember that next time.

Alex

Bob Dylan
velikipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2007   #32
johno
Tomatovillian™

Wild Chiapas and Goose Creek are slow for me this year.
johno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2007   #33
montanamato
Tomatovillian™

From my first sowing ( about 40 varieties) the only no show is Amish Old Red...and Lazy Man is lazy, only one germinated of 10...
My last and largest sowing of another 50 varieties is just due to start popping up...
My peppers have germinated much better this year than in the past...Of 38 varieties only Jimmy Nardello germinated 1, and the seed was old....Most all were 80-90 %. I actually planted less tomato seed than originally planned as I have so many big pepper seedlings I want to keep....

Jeanne
montanamato is offline   Reply With Quote