Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 12, 2018   #1
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Default It's August, Tomatoes Still Growing

For most of you, having spring planted tomatoes still doing well in mid August is probably no great shakes but it's totally amazing to this household!
Usually they get dumped no later than the third week of July due to having been overcome with the funk. But they're still doing their thing!

I think the difference is that they've had regular fungicide treatments instead of a haphazard "when I get around to it" schedule. Sister Pickles has been faithfully watering and fertilizing. They've also had any sign of blight pruned out as soon as it appears. So the plants are now more thin at the bottom but that's fine; more air flow!

Meanwhile, the four fall tomatoes that were recently potted to big buckets are already big enough to require two pairs of hands for safely getting the cages on. That will happen tonight. They were started from seed in mid June when I thought they'd surely be needed. Harumph... having said that I've probably now jinxed the whole affair and they'll all be dead next week.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote