Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old March 31, 2019   #31
eyegrotom
Tomatovillian™

Hi Ted. I have seeds for 1884 Purple. Margaret Curtain. and Morado Chocolate. P M me a address and I'll put them in the mail tomorrow. Mike
eyegrotom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2019   #32
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Thank you to all of my "Tomatoville Neighbors" who have come forward to help. You can't know how much this means to me. My simple "thank you" seems to be so inadequate a response. But the words are sincere and my heart is full.

You folks are the best!!!
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

Last edited by ContainerTed; March 31, 2019 at 02:37 PM.
ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2019   #33
Patihum
Tomatovillian™

I have Heatherington Pink. Already have your address just let me know.
Patihum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2019   #34
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patihum View Post
I have Heatherington Pink. Already have your address just let me know.
Yes. And, surely, there must be something I can return.

For the lurkers and the visitors, this is why I am proud to be a member of this most wonderful community.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

Old March 31, 2019   #35
Patihum
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
Yes. And, surely, there must be something I can return.

For the lurkers and the visitors, this is why I am proud to be a member of this most wonderful community.

Don't need a thing! Like most I have more seeds than I'll ever grow.
Patihum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2019   #36
sjamesNorway
Tomatovillian™

So sorry to read about your problems, Ted. It proves that things like this can happen to the very best of us (you!). I'm glad you have no problems with the varieties I sent. I can send you Ferris Wheel - just say the word.

Steve
sjamesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2019   #37
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamesNorway View Post
So sorry to read about your problems, Ted. It proves that things like this can happen to the very best of us (you!). I'm glad you have no problems with the varieties I sent. I can send you Ferris Wheel - just say the word.

Steve
The tide ebbs and flows, doesn't it. I'll accept your offer of Ferris Wheel. But, I owe you already. What can I do to return your generosity??

Ted
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

Old March 31, 2019   #38
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™

Ted, I'm sorry I don't have Cherokee Chocolate after all. I can't find it anywhere! Margaret Curtain will be on the way tomorrow. So this is notice to all that Ted still needs Cherokee Chocolate.
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2019   #39
barbamWY
Tomatovillian™

I have some Chapman and Margaret Curtain. I grew Aurora a few years ago but I can't find it. Do you want to try some Gogosha?
Barb

Last edited by barbamWY; April 1, 2019 at 12:02 AM.
barbamWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2019   #40
sjamesNorway
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
The tide ebbs and flows, doesn't it. I'll accept your offer of Ferris Wheel. But, I owe you already. What can I do to return your generosity??

Ted
I'll get the seeds out today, and you don't owe me anything. You were the one of the first here to give me seeds, asking nothing in return. I just hope you'll get your season back on an even keel.

Steve
sjamesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2019   #41
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbamWY View Post
I have some Chapman and Margaret Curtain. I grew Aurora a few years ago but I can't find it. Do you want to try some Gogosha?
Barb
Barb, thank you for your offer. But it seems that those two are already covered. Thanks also for the gogosha offer. I'll pass on that one this time. However, if I have a variety you want or need, just name it and I'll send it your way.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

Last edited by ContainerTed; April 1, 2019 at 08:48 AM.
Old April 1, 2019   #42
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Ted, I can't see your pictures on this computer (random problem on my end), but just wanted to say how sad it was to hear this happen from something totally out of your control. We all seem to have an unexpected problem at some point, and the support here really helps take some of the stress off of the situation.

The still needed varieties on your list don't ring a bell, but my memory isn't what it used to be. If I can find any in my stash, they would be from prior MMMM swaps, and also the last year Heather ran a similar offer. Would the typical 5 or 10 seeds be enough to get you going? Either way I will check because I am curious to research what you have selected. If I find one, we can grow them out together!

I won't see your answer until tonight. I have to run some errands, and that does not include buying Miracle Grow products!! Sadly I bought the organic potting product from Costco last year and it had a chemical smell too.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2019   #43
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Here's what is in the works as of now.

retiree
eyegrotom
Patihum
sJamesNorway
Rajun Gardener
Oakley
seasyde
crankyoldfart
akgardengirl
MdTNGrdner

I hope I haven't missed anyone.

Thanks to you all. I'm going to repay you one way or another. If I have your address, expect something to show up real soon.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

Last edited by ContainerTed; April 2, 2019 at 05:48 PM.
Old April 1, 2019   #44
clara
Tomatovillian™

Ted, I'm really sorry about your misfortune! And yesterday, I thought that I'm the only one with bad luck - I lost a whole tray with already transplanted seedlings, they are all dead, sigh... 8 varieties, but fortunately I have two more seedlings of one variety in another tray. Today I've re-sown everything (and added 2 more varieties...).

If it doesn't arrive too late, I can send you President Garfield, but these seeds are older, perhaps 3 or 4 years.
clara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2019   #45
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clara View Post
Ted, I'm really sorry about your misfortune! And yesterday, I thought that I'm the only one with bad luck - I lost a whole tray with already transplanted seedlings, they are all dead, sigh... 8 varieties, but fortunately I have two more seedlings of one variety in another tray. Today I've re-sown everything (and added 2 more varieties...).

If it doesn't arrive too late, I can send you President Garfield, but these seeds are older, perhaps 3 or 4 years.
Maybe this is the year for disasters. Is there anything I can send you?? And don't worry about the President Garfield. I've found a couple of commercial sources here in the states. Some very nice members here are helping with some my loses, and I'm looking for some commercial sources for some of the others. Are those "special seeds" okay or do I need to send more? I have plenty. Let me know.

Take care, Miss Clara, and don't strain that back any more than necessary to give that little man an extra hug.

Ted
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch