Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old December 31, 2016   #676
imp
Tomatovillian™

Ron, I think you may have several problems going on and best to clear out the sick and diseased plants; I would not suggest to take cuttings from sick plants as you may be only compounding the problems.

You'll need to clean everything to the maximum as well. Do not handle a sick plant or pot that a sick plant is in and then handle any other plant that is not sick without washing your hands and tools.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2, 2017   #677
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Hi imp...actually I made the plants the way they are ...I know what did it and where I went wrong ...I can let them grow till they are 12 feet tall and producing fruit or I can remove their laterals and see if i can get them to grow...yes there is a lot of things here I have to try and fix but I can only do so much..Buying plants from a garden centre was a mistake..I realise that now ...I also know my biggest mistake but I will not elaborate on that...
I now just have to accept what I get.....Theres always next season when the greenhouse will be completely finished and I will be able to get all my seeds propagated early with a greenhouse to put them in...Plus by then hopefully I will have the knowledge and the sprays to prevent anything that nature can throw at one...Cheers Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote