Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old November 4, 2015   #31
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

I wonder if that squirrel grabbed on to the nearest cow teet to stop the burning?
cjp1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8, 2015   #32
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Found this Texas stereotype.
Could it be so, heck yeah.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2015   #33
b54red
Tomatovillian™

This will be the first time in decades that I will not have broccoli and cabbage in my fall garden. I could buy a few plants but with the present squirrel infestation I would only be setting out food for them. I guess I will have to settle for a few mustard greens which so far they are ignoring. I hope they will leave my lettuce alone which I will be setting out soon.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2015   #34
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

This morning I watched our white cat trying to get a squirrel in a tree right outside the window beside this PC. I must have watched them for a good 20 minutes before white cat (That is her name) gave up trying to catch it. She got out of the tree and came in to eat. The squirrel jumped out of the tree and ran as fast as it could for the woods.

Bill, that's awful about not being able to grow broccoli and cabbage. I have an idea, but have no clue if it is possible for you or not? Maybe offering a responsible hunter the opportunity to bag all the squirrels they want? I know it can be difficult finding responsible people nowadays, but it's an idea if possible.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2015   #35
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
This morning I watched our white cat trying to get a squirrel in a tree right outside the window beside this PC. I must have watched them for a good 20 minutes before white cat (That is her name) gave up trying to catch it. She got out of the tree and came in to eat. The squirrel jumped out of the tree and ran as fast as it could for the woods.

Bill, that's awful about not being able to grow broccoli and cabbage. I have an idea, but have no clue if it is possible for you or not? Maybe offering a responsible hunter the opportunity to bag all the squirrels they want? I know it can be difficult finding responsible people nowadays, but it's an idea if possible.
I'm a responsible hunter now. So far this week I am responsible for the death of six of the furry tailed rats. Now if I can just get another 50 or 60 before spring planting.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2015   #36
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by b54red View Post
I'm a responsible hunter now. So far this week I am responsible for the death of six of the furry tailed rats. Now if I can just get another 50 or 60 before spring planting.

Bill

Bill, now all that you have to do is chop off their tails and save them to make fishing lures.