Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 6, 2021   #1
kycountryboy
Tomatovillian™

Default Woven ground cover

I am just wondering how many have used
DeWitt woven ground cover. I know a few people that have , they said they will never go back to the old way.
I am using it on my whole garden this year. It can last up to 5 yrs. I will be taking it up in winter.
kycountryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2021   #2
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

Woven ground cover on a veggie garden?

I used one years ago on a daylily garden. It needs to be covered with something like bark chips, otherwise weeds grow from the top. Maybe not for an annual garden. I don't see how it would keep the moisture in.

BTW I really hated that stuff in my daylily garden .

Linda
Labradors2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2021   #3
kycountryboy
Tomatovillian™

It allows water thru. This isnt Walmart stuff.
It has to be cut with propane torch.
This can be used with beans, head lettuce, and everything else except kale, leaf lettuce. I have a very large garden, I'm using it with everything. Just trying something new, I'm tired of tilling, weeding, ect. I'm tired of the weather constantly not allowing me to get in garden.I'm gone 14 hrs a day. I'm hitting 60, my time is valuable, I got a farm 35 miles away. I'm just trying to better manage my time. The people I know that has used this product, have said they will never go back to , constant tilling, weeding. I will keep this updated. I have 1 row of tomatoes already out, we got 1.5 of rain, and I could walk down the row.
Thanks for input.
kycountryboy is offline   Reply With Quote