Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for environmentally-friendly alternatives to replace synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.

Old March 31, 2014   #1
gssgarden
Tomatovillian™

Default Just some FAQ's about Mycorrhizae..

Just doing a little more research on it. This FAQ page pretty much has all my questions answered.

I have used it for a few years, except last, and that along with Actinovate has made for healthy plants.

Does anyone differ with any one of the answers they give?

Greg

http://www.agbio-inc.com/mycorrhizae-faq.html
gssgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2014   #2
gssgarden
Tomatovillian™

The only question I have is, is it NOT necessary to apply during the growing season if I apply, or soak, right before plant out?

Greg
gssgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2014   #3
RootLoops
Tomatovillian™

you don't technically have to once you've inoculated the plant but some of the ingredients like green mold will have benefits throughout the soil. there are probably more than just green mold that benefit the soil but i don't know which are which
RootLoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2014   #4
RayR
Tomatovillian™

You can inoculate anytime from planting the seed, potting up, through transplanting. The root exudates from the growing root tips signals a spore in close proximity to the root tips to germinate and grow toward the root. It's a chemical signalling process between the root and the mycorrhizal fungi that allows the symbiotic relationship to occur.
Inoculating multiple times while the plant is young increases the chances of more successful infection sites. The infection process can take up to 3 weeks to occur so the sooner you start the better I think.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote