Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating fruit-bearing plants, trees, flowers and ornamental plants.

Old November 5, 2006   #1
Rena
Tomatovillian™

Default Fruit trees

I have been looking for a good source of fruit and nut trees. A few years ago I planted 19 fruit trees, woke up to most of them gone until they left one lonely peach tree (BEAVERS)! My new plan is to plant closer to the house, the beavers would have to dig under 2 fences and come up @ 2 acres to get the new ones. My plan is also to place the trees so I would not have to look at my lazy neighbors
Rena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5, 2006   #2
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

I have had excellent results from Stark Brothers from Louisiana, Missouri. The selection is far reaching both in the number of types of trees as well as different varieties within the types. Their on-line catalogue is easy to navigate, their print catalogue makes the mouth water, the trees are sent promptly and are very healthy and bigger than many other sellers'. If you do not like to do business on-line, the customer service dept. is knowlegeable and friendly. My highest reccomendation.
PaulF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5, 2006   #3
natural
Tomatovillian™

I have heard good things from several of my Georgia friends regarding Ison's Nursery. They specialize in Fruit for Southern Climes. They are located in Brooks Georgia (West Central). Is that far from you?

Bill
natural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5, 2006   #4
Rena
Tomatovillian™

I will look it up. I bought my first 19 from ty ty nursery. They have had some really bad write ups. I would not say good quality. I told my husband if I ever replanted I would do bettter research. Thank you for the info!!
Rena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7, 2006   #5
geoguy_TN
Tomatovillian™

I have ordered from Johnson Nursery in Elijay, GA - their trees were nice looking when I got them. I made another order from them this year. They are online or catalog.