Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for environmentally-friendly alternatives to replace synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.

Old February 14, 2013   #16
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron View Post
I use aquarium water. Does that count?
Sorry, I don't think fish poop counts in this thread.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2013   #17
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayR View Post
Sorry, I don't think fish poop counts in this thread.
You are probably right. But there is lots of algae in the water!

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2013   #18
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

I called them last summer and ask is i come up to them can i buy some, No they said, the bottle 16oz is $12.99 around here. They also do no any advertisement at all. They are beside the oldest Fair in USA, That why in on website the have shots and movies from pumpkin growers .
http://www.topsfieldfair.org/

Last edited by FILMNET; February 14, 2013 at 06:39 AM.
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2013   #19
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

I checked into the possibility of picking up from them as well, but they are not permitted to sell directly from their location. Typically these are restrictions some businesses have to agree to when getting all their permits to operate. I have another company I buy from regularly that's located 20 miles from me and they are under similar restrictions. If I want their products, I have to pay to have them shipped to me!

Last year I finally decided to just go ahead and buy a gallon jug as it was cheaper than buying the small bottles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILMNET View Post
I called them last summer and ask is i come up to them can i buy some, No they said, the bottle 16oz is $12.99 around here. They also do no any advertisement at all. They are beside the oldest Fair in USA, That why in on website the have shots and movies from pumpkin growers .
http://www.topsfieldfair.org/
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2013   #20
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Yes i think you can buy from they website and have is shipped, but it twice $ by stores $
Old February 14, 2013   #21
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron View Post
You are probably right. But there is lots of algae in the water!
Ok, I see where you're going, Kelp is algae, so your aquarium algae are like kelp...hmm no.
Maybe if you put your fish in a blender, they'll be like fish hydrolysate!
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2013   #22
Crandrew
Tomatovillian™

^lol ha!
Crandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2013   #23
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Default Neptune facebook page

Great news they finally have a facebook page, as Carolyn said the original man who starting this company has given it to his kids. This is so funny i will post this Bluefish are not nice to eat to strong and really oiling like Duck. But in Gloucester they have this in summer 2012 Lanesville Bluefish Tournament, Gloucester
The team using Neptune's Harvest Fish Fertilizer, as chum, won again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 3.jpg (249.8 KB, 39 views)
Old February 14, 2013   #24
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayR View Post
Ok, I see where you're going, Kelp is algae, so your aquarium algae are like kelp...hmm no.
Maybe if you put your fish in a blender, they'll be like fish hydrolysate!
Well its a turtle Aquarium! I don't think my 100 year old blender could handle the shell!

Was just teasing you anyway. I know my poor man's solution to kelp and sea weed concoctions isn't the same. But I like my solution. Lets me put a good use to the water when I clean the tank! And if you don't tell my tomatoes it isn't the real stuff, I won't either! I have them thoroughly convinced they are being babied by the best high tech organic fertilizers available!

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2013   #25
Crandrew
Tomatovillian™

^hahah fair enough
Old February 14, 2013   #26
Tonio
Tomatovillian™

Just picked up another quart of NH fish/seaweed last weekend!! ready for the year. Hmm, purchasing a gallon would be alot more economical @ $33. does this stuff go bad?
Tonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2013   #27
Crandrew
Tomatovillian™

Nope
http://www.neptunesharvest.com/faq.html

Quote:
Our liquid fertilizers have an indefinite shelf-life, until water is added. Always shake well before use. The longer the product is stored, the better you’ll have to shake it up.
Old February 15, 2013   #28
Tonio
Tomatovillian™

Cool, thanks Crandrew !!
Tonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2013   #29
nativeplanter
Tomatovillian™

I bury fish guts, heads, and carcasses in the garden. I've never had a problem with animals (knock on wood). The tomatoes seem to love it. I wonder if the commercial product is all that different.

Of course, a visitor would be mighty confused by the 5-gallon buckets of filleted flounder that my neighbor occasionally leaves on the porch...
nativeplanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2013   #30
Crandrew
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeplanter View Post
I bury fish guts, heads, and carcasses in the garden. I've never had a problem with animals (knock on wood). The tomatoes seem to love it. I wonder if the commercial product is all that different.

Of course, a visitor would be mighty confused by the 5-gallon buckets of filleted flounder that my neighbor occasionally leaves on the porch...

Nativeplanter, its my understanding that the Native American's also did this to fertilize the soil.

I have raccoons and would not do this. they have a good enough time digging through my beds for the worms in the soil. Imagine if I buried fish guts

So I have a 50" trap sitting in my living room waiting for a retrofit this afternoon.