Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for environmentally-friendly alternatives to replace synthetic chemicals and fertilizers.

Old March 23, 2013   #1
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Default Xtreme Gardening Sample Kit

Xtreme Gardening is offering a free sample kit, you only pay UPS shipping & handling.
Worked out to $15.84, not a bad deal for all that.

Xtreme Sample Kit

includes:
- 2x Mykos Bars
- 1x Azos sample
- 1x CalCarb sample
- 1x Mykos WP sample
- 1x 2ct Xtreme Tea Brew samples
- 1x Feeding Guide
- 1x Xtreme Gardening Sticker

Last edited by RayR; March 23, 2013 at 02:40 PM.
RayR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2013   #2
Feywalker
Tomatovillian™

I think I'm going to go ahead and order this, it'd be good for comparing to the boogie brew I just got. I sure love a good experiment.
Feywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2013   #3
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Are you supposed to drink this stuff or put it on your plants?

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23, 2013   #4
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post

Worth
Worth, I hear if you take a swig of the tea and if it gives you indigestion take a teaspoon of the CalCarb and it will clear you right up.
Old March 24, 2013   #5
Feywalker
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post

Worth
I must admit, the packaging is a bit "x-treme"
Feywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2013   #6
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feywalker View Post
I must admit, the packaging is a bit "x-treme"
Seriously I had to look real close to see.
They look just like those energy packets they sell at the store.

Great packaging.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24, 2013   #7
sio2rocks
Tomatovillian™

I hope I have "X-treme" results. If only the pumpkin growth ratios carry over to tomatoes.

>>>I'd love to have a 10 lb tomato.

Colin
sio2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2013   #8
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

This is a good deal since you only pay for shipping. You have Mycorrhiza wettable powder you can use for a dip, the mycorrhiza granulate to put on the rootball or in the planting hole, Azos which is used for nitrogen fixation which can be applies as a drench or foliar, Cal Carb for calcium and tea brews. GO FOR IT, Ami
Old March 28, 2013   #9
RayR
Tomatovillian™

It appears they are sold out of the sample kits for now. I'm glad I got my order in right away.
Hope it comes soon.

The only product of theirs I have already is AZOS which I bought last month. An initial trial on some basil seedlings is pretty impressive so far. I'm going to trial AZOS on cloning cuttings too VS a synthetic rooting hormone too.
Old March 28, 2013   #10
Dak
Tomatovillian™

Ray, thanks for the heads up, I was able to order before they sold out as well, always a good feeling.

I talked with my local hydroponic store guy about Xtreme, he said that the suggested usage for the Mykos was very liberal, he uses a lot less, and that it was important to get it directly on your roots, otherwise, it would be wasted. He was also very enthusiastic that the Mykos was just one strain, that it does not compete with other strains for root space. He also gave me a sample of the Mykos and the Azos. (he's a great guy) I up-potted a number of peppers this morning, so I'm doing a test run. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of my trial.
Dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2013   #11
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Extreme pumpkin store carries most of the X-treme products plus other products that might interest. The owner is a member here at Tville and the customer service is great. Ami

www.extremepumpkinstore.com/

Last edited by amideutch; March 29, 2013 at 12:50 PM.
amideutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2013   #12
RayR
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak View Post
Ray, thanks for the heads up, I was able to order before they sold out as well, always a good feeling.

I talked with my local hydroponic store guy about Xtreme, he said that the suggested usage for the Mykos was very liberal, he uses a lot less, and that it was important to get it directly on your roots, otherwise, it would be wasted. He was also very enthusiastic that the Mykos was just one strain, that it does not compete with other strains for root space. He also gave me a sample of the Mykos and the Azos. (he's a great guy) I up-potted a number of peppers this morning, so I'm doing a test run. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of my trial.
I thought the liberal usage was a little high too since Mykos was supposed to have a very high spore count. I think it's important to get the spores near the roots at as early a stage as possible since the success rate of infection is highest when the roots are young.
I'm not convinced about the single species theory, but then I haven't tried it. Mykos is Glomus Intraradices, the most common species found in most natural soils around the world, a kind of universal symbiote. Some plants will associate with some species over others for whatever benefits.
That was nice of him to give you samples of Mykos and Azos. Hydro stores are a great place to get samples when they offer them, I got some free samples of the XG feeder packs.
Old March 29, 2013   #13
sio2rocks
Tomatovillian™

Has anyone who ordered the sample kit received any kind of shipping confirmation or a number? I have checked several times the status of my order on their site and it has remained "Awaiting Fulfillment." Maybe I am impatient. But then again I hope they didn't sell out before I got my order filled .

Best,
Colin
Old March 29, 2013   #14
Dak
Tomatovillian™

Colin, I registered with them when I ordered, within 10 mins I got a status "awaiting fulfillment" email (that was Monday). My status hasn't changed since then.
Dak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2013   #15
sio2rocks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak View Post
Colin, I registered with them when I ordered, within 10 mins I got a status "awaiting fulfillment" email (that was Monday). My status hasn't changed since then.

Thanks for the reply. It seems we are in the same position. Well fingers crossed they have enough samples for us.

Colin