Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old June 6, 2006   #1
Trudi
Tomatovillian™

Default Moscow and Goldilocks

Glen, You have shared with me some of the best toms I've grown. I loved Kosovo--that is a fabulous tom, and this Moscow tomato is as good to look at as eat.

This season I'm doing a large amount of Eastern European and Russian Heirlooms. I've got Moscow in a container this year--last year it was in the ground--and so far its growing well and is already starting to look chubbly-wubbly. I know that "chubbly-wubbly" is not major criteria for wanting to grow a tom, but I think its attractive plant shape is an important factor when you've got limited containers that must do double-duty duty with both ornamental and food production uses. Mine is surrounded with some Rudbeckia hirta "Goldilocks"--I'm hoping the combo of the dark-bluey-green leaves of the Moscow tom, its red toms, and the dwarf, multi-petalled Black Eyed Susans will be as attractive as I think it will be.

Hugs,

T
Old June 6, 2006   #2
Trudi
Tomatovillian™

I don't know how this post wound up here--I thought I was replying to the Moscow tomato post. Well, I guess I'll have to upload a container pict--I'll have it ready in a few days as right now, it's about to pour buckets and so the day's photo op is over.

T