Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old July 1, 2006   #1
timcunningham
Tomatovillian™

Default Persimmon

Persimmon tomato 6/30/2006.

These seeds came free with my purchase from Tomatogrowers Supply. I couldn't find a description of them on the TGS.. but swallowtailgardenseeds.com had this description:

Quote:
(OP) 80 days
This is the best yellow tomato we have ever tasted. The 1 pound meaty, creamy golden-orange fruits have and an absolutely exquisite flavor. Vigorous, indeterminate vines. This is a truly great tomato and it receives our very highest recommendation.

I would have to agree it is an excellent yellow tomato. Nice flavor, very meat and dense. The fruits were quite large most of mine are over 1lbs one of them at over three pounds (from a earthbox!)

Here are some photos of one I ate today:

Old July 1, 2006   #2
HeirloomNewb
Tomatovillian™

And to think that this was going to be an orange tomato.

I'm glad to hear that it tasted good becuase right now it is my biggest plant and is starting to through out fruit all over the place.

My brother and I both got these seeds free and decided that they must be good and undersold in the past becuase a good marketer would not give away absolute crap seeds if they wanted people to purchse more in the future. I'm looking forward to eating some of these here in the not to distant future.

Thanks for the pics and keep em coming!
HeirloomNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2006   #3
timcunningham
Tomatovillian™

I imagine if I let it stay on the vine longer than I did it would have been more orange.. but it tasted almost overripe to me as it was.. So I am glad I didn't wait for that classic "Persimmon" color.
Old July 1, 2006   #4
Rena
Tomatovillian™

Looks DELISH!
Rena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2006   #5
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Lawdy yawll are killin me.
((((((((((((Fine looken tomato!!!!!!!!))))))))))))
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote