Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old March 30, 2006   #1
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

Default Hot and Sweet Pepper Germination data for 2006

Hot pepper germination table - http://nctomatoman.topcities.com/Tec...ermination.htm

Sweet Pepper germination table -
http://nctomatoman.topcities.com/Tec...ermination.htm

Still collecting some information - work in progress.
Old March 30, 2006   #2
honu
Tomatovillian™

Craig, Thank you for sharing that info. I have been unsuccessful at sprouting any White Bullet Habanero, and I see you have low germination too. However, I see your seed is a couple years old, my source said my seeds were fresh, and I don't know if White bullet is the same as White Habanero.
Also, I see you have both Variegata and Trifetti. I bought a pack from Baker's Creek labelled "Variegata or Trifetti" so I thought they were 2 names for the same thing. How will I know which one I got?
Thanks!
honu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30, 2006   #3
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

Honu, there appear to be lots of similar varieties/synonyms around the ivory or white colored Habs. The fruit size for me is much smaller, and shape quite different, from the typical orange Hab.

Trifetti and Variegata, as they came to me, are very different looking peppers. Trifetti has lighter green foliage marbled with white, with some lavendar, and small bullet shaped fruits that have some striping that go from dark purple to red. Variegata is much darker foliage - nearly entirely black purple, with some white and green - smaller bullet shaped black purple fruit that ripen red.

Trifett -

Variegata -

Old March 30, 2006   #4
honu
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Craig! Gorgeous!
Old March 31, 2006   #5
cmpman1974
Tomatovillian™

Default White Bullet Habanero

Honu,

Nice to see you made it to this forum. I am a member, but have not visited / posted as much as I should have. Been pretty busy taking care of all my seedlings and my daughter! Actually, second obligation comes first!!

I'm sorry to hear about those White Bullets not germinating at all. I am totally confused as I have had 80%+ germination with them. Is it too late for you to start more? If not, let me know.

Chris
cmpman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2006   #6
honu
Tomatovillian™

Hi Chris! Nice to see you here too!
Guess I just don't have your green thumb when it comes to germinating that white hab.
However the red fatalii and yellow hab from your seeds are taking off beautifully, inspite of the continuous storms and flooding we've had the last 6 weeks, which ruined almost all my tomatoes.
I can grow year round, so not too late to start more.
Thanks!