Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old March 14, 2006   #1
HeirloomNewb
Tomatovillian™

Default Did I mess up?

I had some wise advice from my brother, but I can't recall if I did it correct or wrong. I got my peat pots all set up with seed starter and made a 1/4 in hole and then dropped a couple seeds in each hole. Is this a problem? Should I have made 2 holes 1 for each seed? I got to thinking and since I'm a newb I wasn't sure if this was a problem or not? I was planning on just keeping one plant from each section, but wanted to increase my chances of getting a plant in each section.

Thanks!
HeirloomNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2006   #2
HeirloomNewb
Tomatovillian™

Default Good Good

Thanks for the fast reply. I was indeed planning to thin them to one seedling per section.
Old March 14, 2006   #3
bcday
Tomatovillian™

Cut the extra ones off with scissors when you thin them. If you pull them up, you'll disturb the roots of the ones you want to keep.
bcday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2006   #4
HeirloomNewb
Tomatovillian™

Default Scissors

Yes, yes indeed. Looks like my brother is smarter than he looks :wink: since that is exactly what he told me.

"I can't wait till they start peakin their wee lil' head out!" replies the headsman
Old March 16, 2006   #5
HeirloomNewb
Tomatovillian™

Well I guess my brother does do his in seperate wholes planned to do until I started my planting at 9PM and did it in a hurry so I could get to bed... I know you all say its ok the way I did it, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed since this is my firt time growing anything. Next time I will space my seeds out a bit.

Thanks!