Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old September 1, 2016   #1
poeticchampion
Tomatovillian™

Default Jersey Devil pics and notes

Sharing a sample of my Jersey Devil crop this year.
This was my first time growing this tomato and I've been pretty happy with it. I started the plants myself (good germination) but didn't get the plants in the ground until late May.

I ran out of room in my raised beds, so I planted two plants in far back of my yard. I just dug a hole and planted them in the normal Ohio clay soil. Other than some Miracle Grow or fish emulsion every so often and making sure they got watered when dry, I didn't do anything special.

After about 2 weeks, the plants began to grow and made up ground fast. I picked my first tomatoes about a month ago. These plants haven't produced huge crops but what they do produce has been good size and delicious, with no cracking or other issues. I'd never seen a paste tomato as long/wide as the Devil. Very impressive, with few seeds and jelly. With the great flavor, I really like these with mozzerela de bufala and basil.

I will be saving some seeds and growing this type next year for sure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160821_104358.jpg (159.4 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160824_194243.jpg (130.0 KB, 107 views)
Old November 11, 2016   #2
DutchOverflow
Tomatovillian™

some of em almost look like peppers aha anyways I would like to slice and sprinkle with salt
DutchOverflow is offline   Reply With Quote