Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old January 25, 2014   #16
socalgardengal
Tomatovillian™

I saw Dougs dog pic. I just clicked on it and it brought up a small window with his pic. Whats your dogs name Doug. Great looking dog also
socalgardengal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2014   #17
socalgardengal
Tomatovillian™

Default test

Testing one more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140123_111910.jpg (157 Bytes, 112 views)
Old January 25, 2014   #18
rwsacto
Tomatovillian™

Here is a try:

OK, I figgered it out

To paraphrase others, don't click on images. Click on the paperclip icon (manage attachments) Browse, select and upload the images.

However, all the attachments seemed to be positioned at the bottom of the post, so no running narratives with pix.

Hope this post qualifies for my good deed for the day.

Rick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0134-682x1024.jpg (130.9 KB, 44 views)
rwsacto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2014   #19
socalgardengal
Tomatovillian™

Trying again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140123_105604.jpg (157 Bytes, 113 views)
Old January 25, 2014   #20
Hermitian
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew51 View Post
Yeah using the image from another website works, but that's about it....
I'm using images from my Photo Albums on the Tomatoville website!

Old January 25, 2014   #21
socalgardengal
Tomatovillian™

How do you do that Richard?
Old January 25, 2014   #22
Hermitian
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalgardengal View Post
How do you do that Richard?
Go to "My Profile". Click on "Pictures & Albums". If you don't have an Album, create one. Then click on an Album. Next click on the link that says "Upload Pictures". Choose an image from your computer, but first make sure it's scaled down to meet the size requirements. Once your image is uploaded, you can go to it anytime from the Album. Down below the picture you'll see "Picture URL" and "BB Code". Right click on the text in the BB Code and select "Copy". Paste that in any post or private message you wish it to appear in.
Old January 25, 2014   #23
socalgardengal
Tomatovillian™

Thank you Richard. Ahhhhhh..... I have no patience I do all my stuff online from my cellphone. I don't own a computer but my daughter does and I'm sitting here TRYING to use it and the Darn popups are killing me lol. I just can't get past them to do anything. No wonder why I got rid of my laptop a few years ago. I will keep trying. I'm laughing so hard at myself right now
Old January 25, 2014   #24
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Thank you Richard. Ahhhhhh..... I have no patience I do all my stuff online from my cellphone. I don't own a computer but my daughter does and I'm sitting here TRYING to use it and the Darn popups are killing me lol. I just can't get past them to do anything. No wonder why I got rid of my laptop a few years ago. I will keep trying. I'm laughing so hard at myself right now

If you have a smartphone, look for the Tapatalk app in your App Store. While you can't see people's profile information and signatures, it is much easier to read and post to the forum. And, you can upload pictures directly from your phone through the app.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2014   #25
Doug9345
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
I saw Dougs dog pic. I just clicked on it and it brought up a small window with his pic. Whats your dogs name Doug. Great looking dog also
My dog is Bear he came to me with that name. Since it fit I din't change it. I've had him since October of '09. I figure he's comeing up on being 6 years old. Right now he's board because it's too cold(for me) and snow to take walks.
Doug9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2014   #26
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™

Testing....

Last edited by Salsacharley; January 25, 2014 at 03:00 PM. Reason: picture didn't show
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2014   #27
Hermitian
BANNED

The alternative which Drew posted might be a good alternative if you only have a smart phone. Register yourself with Flickr or someother photo-posting site and upload pictures there. Then go to the link on that site to "copy photo URL". You can then create a post here and use that URL for the image. This approach is common on many forums across the internet. Here's an image I posted on bananas.org, displayed here using the image icon (little rectangle with gray mountains and yellow sky):

Last edited by Hermitian; January 25, 2014 at 03:47 PM.
Hermitian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2014   #28
socalgardengal
Tomatovillian™

I had to take a break. I have both accts. set up on Photobucket and Flicker. Been trying hard to figure out the URL thing. All this tech stuff gets confusing lol. I think I'll put my mind at ease for a bit and go pull some weeds then find the tapatalk app. Thank you fathersdaughter for the tip
Old January 25, 2014   #29
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Test failed.

20140121_151934 small 600.jpg

Last edited by Worth1; January 25, 2014 at 07:08 PM.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2014   #30
luigiwu
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
I had to take a break. I have both accts. set up on Photobucket and Flicker. Been trying hard to figure out the URL thing. All this tech stuff gets confusing lol. I think I'll put my mind at ease for a bit and go pull some weeds then find the tapatalk app. Thank you fathersdaughter for the tip
Okay for flickr, after you are at the photo that you want to upload:
1. Right-click over the image. You'll get something like the white background that says "View all Sizes" that pops up to the right of it (see below.) Now pick a size you want to get the URL for. I picked "original" as lighted in pink here, because I had already reduced my picture size before uploading.

2. The drag-and-drop that picture literally into the address bar. Voila. You'll get a URL that ends with ".jpg"

Copy that URL.
You'll paste that here when you click on the message icon that looks like a square landscape with a yellow sky and mountains.
luigiwu is offline   Reply With Quote