Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MAGTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Mid-Atlantic Growers Tomato Appreciation Group

Old August 1, 2007   #1
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Default Idea for my Dad's b-day cake

I could scan the cover of a 1922 seed catalog and have it printed on a sheet cake! The Smithsonian has a cover from the Stark Seed catalog from 1922, and it ONLY shows tomatoes (see link). I think I have a copy of the 1922 Burpee Catalog. If it has tomatoes on it, that could be an option, too. Wonder how high the resolution has to be for one of those cakes? Anybody know?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stark1922.jpg (142.5 KB, 11 views)
Old August 3, 2007   #2
felpec
Tomatovillian™

What a neat idea.

Did some looking around and it looks like most places ask for a 150 dpi photo. This site, http://www.kopykake.com/ has a brochure you can download (they sell edible ink and paper which, although pricey, was also pretty cool) that might be of help to you.
Old August 5, 2007   #3
bluekat
Tomatovillian™

That is a great idea Cecilia - I was going to say make a tomato cake. Looking forward to congratulating your dad on his birthday milestone!
Old August 6, 2007   #4
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

My sister-in-law Suzy (who attended MAGTAG 2006) says she will take care of my dad's cake. So that's one last thing to worry about.