Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Tomatopalooza™ event information and discussion forum. Held annually in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 22, 2011   #14
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
By the way... Kristina Bulgarian is coming in at 31 oz.!!!

Not close to the Tomatopalooza[tm] record of > 64oz. but should be
enough to win tomorrow.....

Lee
Lee, when I saw Kristina Bulgarian, which is not the right name according to sic transit, it should be K Vatcheva ( I need to confirm for you that the t is or isnot there if you want me to), me wee heart went thump, crash b/c you know how much I love Bulgarian varieties,

And I knew that sic transit had sent the seeds to you but forgot that so how about setting a few seeds aside so I can have a couple of plants next year.

Normally I never ask for seed in a post but in this case I sent you several varieties so all I'm asking for is K.

And if you want me to cut and paste Sic transit's comments from elsewhere I can do that, so that you should know that it's Kristina Vatcheva, not Kristina Bulgarian.

Actually Ithink it's best if I send you a link to the whole thread, is not here, b'c there was some strong discussion between sic transit and another person about the proper name.

Best I PM it to you if you want me to.

Sic transit gloria and I were going communicate this Fall about it, but you're closer.

Edited to add that I just checked and it's Kristina Vatcheva.