Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 5, 2017   #31
braybright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post

Thank you so much for the info and about the critters. I'll make sure I keep an extra eye on those plants. Plenty of natural food around for the critters they need to stay out of my crops or they gonna be out of here.
I think it was partially because of the wispy structure of the plant, many of the fruits were low-hanging and in easy each! And I forgot, I had a couple of pics to share.

Rose de L'Omio
Save
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161109_115524.jpg (231.3 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160930_082031.jpg (213.7 KB, 249 views)
Old January 5, 2017   #32
charline
Tomatovillian™

[QUOTE=

I didn't find info for Ice Cherry. Could it be Italian Ice? If it is Italian Ice - it's a F? too.[/QUOTE]

I got it last year in the swap. It is a rust colored cherry on a small plant, good flavor.
charline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2017   #33
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by charline View Post
I got it last year in the swap. It is a rust colored cherry on a small plant, good flavor.
Thank you Charline. I will grow it. It is one that Tormato put on my list to grow for saving seeds.

I'm actually relieved that it is not a white tomato because white ones don't taste as good when it gets so hot here in Texas.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2017   #34
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazedwards View Post
I got a Rozella 16' pack and was wondering which Rozzella it is? Rozella Crimson or Rozella Purple?

I also received a package labeled EPB. I'm guessing it's Eva Purple Ball?

-Zach
It's just "Rozella", a bi-color.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2017   #35
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumbomaha View Post
http://tomatoville.com/showthread.ph...light=ludmilla

Possibly my submission, but unsure which Ludmilla. It was quite a hefty size fruit , and very prolific. It looks like Burpee Supersauce but tastes waaay better!

- Lisa
Appreciate the link. Thank you! Big help wrote all the info down from that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braybright View Post
I think it was partially because of the wispy structure of the plant, many of the fruits were low-hanging and in easy each! And I forgot, I had a couple of pics to share.

Rose de L'Omio
Save
What a nice looking tomato. Looks yummy and bigger than what I thought it would be. Can't wait to grow it.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2017   #36
Not Perfect
Tomatovillian™

I've got questions on a few:

Mountain Pride - Are they F1 seeds? F2? Etc.

Indigo Sun - Are they F2 seeds? F3? (Packet says unbagged, so presumably not F1)

Chef's Choice F2 - Which Chef's Choice?

Nicholas Yev - Any info on plant habit or DTM?
Not Perfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2017   #37
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Perfect View Post
I've got questions on a few:

Mountain Pride - Are they F1 seeds? F2? Etc.

Indigo Sun - Are they F2 seeds? F3? (Packet says unbagged, so presumably not F1)

Chef's Choice F2 - Which Chef's Choice?

Nicholas Yev - Any info on plant habit or DTM?
If Indigo Sun came from me, I had gotten them in last years swap, so don't know about the F's part. What was on my little tag last year said:

" RL, Blue/yellow large cherry, IND, Nicky's Garden"

What I got for Indigo Sun.. Some of the fruits had faint blue markings on shoulders but most were just a nice sweet yellow large cherry. One I'll grow again. Plant itself got to between 5-6' and likes to spread out. Fruit in clusters of 6-8 fruits. Can be eaten once going from green to faint yellow but full sweetness came when left to turn bright yellow.

Nicholas Yev ... if from me. "Nikola Yev. An early producer that goes non stop. Think it might qualify for a dwarf type plant. Mine never got over 5' just had loads of branching." I had to stake it as it had so much fruit on it that the branches dipped bad. Sorry can't give you an exact DTM, but it was one of the early producing fruits for me. My plants went out in beginning of May and I had fruits picked in July. A grow again for me. Sweet but not overly sweet.

Hope that helps you some.
Old January 6, 2017   #38
Not Perfect
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
Hope that helps you some.
It certainly does. Thanks!
Not Perfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2017   #39
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Reading about how Indigo Sun produced for Starlight - I'm guessing hers were F2s. I grew Indigo Sun F1s that produced a more typical size cherry tomato with about 50/50 yellow to dark blue coloring. I would guess that the seeds you have now are F3s.
Old January 6, 2017   #40
upcountrygirl
Tomatovillian™

Okay... I got Trinidad Perfume peppers in the swap... my question are they the same pepper as Tobago Seasoning Pepper? I can't find a definitive answer researching online....
upcountrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2017   #41
UFXEFU
Tomatovillian™

I need info and history on Lancaster County (pink). Searched high and low can't find any tomato with that name.
UFXEFU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2017   #42
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

I did searches for Lancaster County Pink and without the Pink and came up with this http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Shirley_S

History

• Originated from an Amish farm in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The seed was said to have been a wedding present to the farmer's great grandmother, and this variety was named after the British gardening spark-plug, Shirley Spooner.
It may not be the same?
Old January 6, 2017   #43
HappyGardener23
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFXEFU View Post
I need info and history on Lancaster County (pink). Searched high and low can't find any tomato with that name.
I'm just guessing, but maybe it's from here http://www.amishlandseeds.com/pink_tomatoes.htm (look about 3/4 of the way down the page for a "Lancaster County" tomato which is pink).
HappyGardener23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2017   #44
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFXEFU View Post
If you grow this one out, I know of 2 people looking for these seeds.
Old January 6, 2017   #45
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by upcountrygirl View Post
Okay... I got Trinidad Perfume peppers in the swap... my question are they the same pepper as Tobago Seasoning Pepper? I can't find a definitive answer researching online....
Here ya go.

http://www.tomatogrowers.com/TRINIDA...ductinfo/9748/

if you want more info put Pepper Trinadad Perfume seeds in your google search box.