Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old November 27, 2015   #1
Antipodean
Tomatovillian™

Default Best tasting tomatoes ever!

Sorry, its not a particular variety....i'd better explain!

I usually take 3 or 4 pieces of fruit with me to work which i eat during the morning. one day i was short so i also packed a freshly picked Aunt Rubys German Green. Anyway i arrive at work and have my daily long macchiato (2 espresso shots, with a dash of milk, no sugar) and the decide to tuck into the ARGG.....WOW....absolutely WOW!!!

So i've done this for a few days also using Gregoris Altai and Azoychka, with the same results. The best tasting tomatoes i've ever had!

Obviously, it has something to do with the bitterness of the coffee beforehand that accentuates the tomato's flavour!

Give it a try, i dare you!
Antipodean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27, 2015   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipodean View Post
Sorry, its not a particular variety....i'd better explain!

I usually take 3 or 4 pieces of fruit with me to work which i eat during the morning. one day i was short so i also packed a freshly picked Aunt Rubys German Green. Anyway i arrive at work and have my daily long macchiato (2 espresso shots, with a dash of milk, no sugar) and the decide to tuck into the ARGG.....WOW....absolutely WOW!!!

So i've done this for a few days also using Gregoris Altai and Azoychka, with the same results. The best tasting tomatoes i've ever had!

Obviously, it has something to do with the bitterness of the coffee beforehand that accentuates the tomato's flavour!

Give it a try, i dare you!
Have you read the following thread which is lower down in General Discussion and I ask b'c it might surprise you,or not.

http://tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=38921

Carolyn
Old November 27, 2015   #3
bower
Tomatovillian™

I'll have to try this. Love coffee, so it's gotta be win win!
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27, 2015   #4
Antipodean
Tomatovillian™

Hi Carolyn, yes i have seen a documentary about supertasters of which i am certainly not haha!

I think it was about taste in general, and there was a part of documentary that showed tomato tasting and how the sweetest tomatoes did not necessarily have the highest brix. Apparently, aroma has alot to do with it each tomato variety has many different elements that have give off different aromas.

Actually, now i remember, the researchers where looking at how to improve the sweetness of things without increasing sugar.
Antipodean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27, 2015   #5
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Those tomatoes can get even better if you substitute the coffee with some "backwoods squeezin's".

Yes, tomatoes can be a wonderful "chaser".
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote