Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 29, 2017   #61
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
It means you wont get thrown in jail with thieves killers father rapers and baby molesters for smoking a joint.

worth
haha great news if I ever want to smoke! It was growing I was wondering about. I love the way those plants love to grow. Actually, I grew tomatoes for the same reason....just to watch them grow. I was growing tomatoes, long before I liked to eat them. Going to grow some sunflowers this year.....same reason
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017   #62
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Here is everything you need to know.
Grow away.

Worth
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...qvGlS_QHNloW5A
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017   #63
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Now lets compare that to Oklahoma.
You drive into Oklahoma from Colorado with any amount and you are screwed big time.
There are people as we speak that are in for life in that state for growing their own.

http://norml.org/laws/item/oklahoma-penalties-2
Old January 29, 2017   #64
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
The cops here would have no idea who he was or is.

Viva Jesus Malverde.
I had no idea who he was (if he was). Good to learn.

Now, quasi-etymologically, "Malverde" can be transliterated as "bad green", or "evil weed". Quelle appropriate.

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017   #65
pmcgrady
Tomatovillian™

I had a friend that just got caught going out behind a tavern to do a couple "pinchies", a city cop was in the dark watching, walked up and caught him red handed. He had my friend dump out the weed, then wrote him a $800 paraphernalia ticket for the one hitter box...
pmcgrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017   #66
jtjmartin
Tomatovillian™

Worth:

Hehe. I agree with you. Most cops are "good ole boys" just doing their jobs. Occasionally I run into what I label as "steroid cops" or "un-cool-high-school" cops that got picked on too much in HS.

Around here, there's a saying that dreadlocks are probable cause for a marijuana bust - gotta watch what you're wearing. Then again, I thought I was really smart as a teen when I kept pot in the little, black film canister . . . until I found out that a lot of others people did too!

Jeff
jtjmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017   #67
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Here is everything you need to know.
Grow away.
Levies a production tax of $9.25/ ounce of flowers plus an additional 15% excise tax on retail sales of marijuana both adult-use and medical, effective Jan. 1 2018.
This is probably why the referendum got on the ballot in the first place. It's already being grown in the state in mass quantities. Can't have the gubbmint missing out on all that potential revenue!

Am I starting to sound cynical?

- Will Rogers

Old January 29, 2017   #68
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
Levies a production tax of $9.25/ ounce of flowers plus an additional 15% excise tax on retail sales of marijuana both adult-use and medical, effective Jan. 1 2018.
This is probably why the referendum got on the ballot in the first place. It's already being grown in the state in mass quantities. Can't have the gubbmint missing out on all that potential revenue!

Wow yes I noticed that too! Thanks for the link Worth.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017   #69
bower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:

IMO this is one of the GOOD reasons to legalize it. I would rather have the gubmint collect tax on it, than to go in the hole spending our tax dollars on pointless enforcement, especially against harmless citizens. I would rather have tax collected on it, than have the money go to some nasty violent drug cartel.
OTOH, I'll be the first one to think about growing my own instead of paying a high tax. But that all depends on how scandalous the tax is (Take tobacco for example... ) on the small amount I would ever use.

I would like our police to be focused on violent crime and organized crime and things that put our peace and freedom in jeopardy. Truly disgusted that they haven't been ordered to do that, already, and stop bothering people for personal uses of a harmless substance which the majority don't want to be illegal. IMO some of those violent offenders should be forced to smoke marijuana, fgs. To the point of marsh-mellowness. And keep every other drug away from them, as the rest are afaict, only making people nastier than they already are.
bower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017   #70
Yak54
Tomatovillian™

Are we really having a thread on Tomatoville about growing Marijauna ? At the very least it should be moved under the heading "What else do you grow". Also it's getting borderline political. Don't think Tomatoville is the correct place for this discussion. Just sayin.

Dan
Yak54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017   #71
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Yak54, do you have anything constructive to contribute to this discussion?

- Will Rogers

Old January 29, 2017   #72
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Mary J Wany is about the only thing many of the folks can agree on what ever the side of the fence they are on.
We are sick and tired of a stupid draconian law founded on lies, racism, ignorance and stupidity.
Laws that ruin lives.
We have had these discussions here before and not one time has any one of them been locked or people getting bent out of shape.
If it were legal in Texas I would be growing and smoking the stuff myself.

\Worth
Old January 29, 2017   #73
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
From what I understand, vapor can be a wide range of things, from essentially flavored water to nicotine and THC oils. The "electric pipe" is a tool that can be enjoyed safely and also misapplied.

Hmm. I think I'll dig out my pipe. Amazing how long pipe tobacco can last. Just add some water to re-hydrate.
Smoking pipe costs pennies a day. Here I pay $15 for a pound and smoke it for over 2 months. In WA it was about $25/lb but then a pack of cigarettes cost 7 to 8 bucks. I want to grow my own tobacco.and learn how to expand it. After all I am in the tobacco capital of the world ( i.e NC)
I gotta find seeds.

Happy Gardening !
Gardeneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29, 2017   #74
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Then you will have to learn how to cure it.
I see a tobacco barn in your future.
Worth
Old January 29, 2017   #75
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Then you will have to learn how to cure it.
I see a tobacco barn in your future.
Worth

I will just build a shack.
But I need seeds first.

Happy Gardening !
Gardeneer is offline   Reply With Quote