Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 9, 2017   #16
Fusion_power
Tomatovillian™

Knowing the seed laws and the number of scams operating out of Nigeria, I would not trans-ship anything.
Fusion_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2017   #17
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion_power View Post
Knowing the seed laws and the number of scams operating out of Nigeria, I would not trans-ship anything.
I agree.
Vladimír
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2017   #18
dannyogolo
Tomatovillian™

I am slightly disappointed people are still talking about scam despite all the proof and openness I have shown here. Does it mean ALL Nigerians are scam? If so, maybe the mods should simply ban Nigerians from registering on this forum.

I havent asked anybody to pay for me.
I am willing to pay for the seeds myself online.
I am even willing to send my own money for whoever it is to use in sending the seeds via DHL to me.
Where else can the scam take effect?

I dont need to sound rude, but the stereotyping is ridiculous.

Well, I have to return to USA stores whereI have shopped before. Only I cant get these varieties I need.
The very problem I see here is that there seems to be a restriction sending seeds out of Romania, its their law and I guess I have to live by it.

Thanks to everyone that suggested ways out, even the person that volunteered to send me about 20-30 seeds free from his stock (which I rejected because I dont know much about the variety
dannyogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2017   #19
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

I don't think the "Nigerian scam" thinh is a big deal in regards this request. But you are being a little mysterious.

Why not just tell everyone exactly what you're looking for and offer to send a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope?

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9, 2017   #20
dannyogolo
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
I don't think the "Nigerian scam" thinh is a big deal in regards this request. But you are being a little mysterious.

Why not just tell everyone exactly what you're looking for and offer to send a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope?
Wow,
But I have stated CLEARLY the seeds I want to buy.
For avoidance of doubt, here they are again:

- Cinto F1 (by Rijk Zwaan)
- Matias F1 (by Seminis)
- Ismini F1 (by Hazera)
- Tracie F1
- Addalyn F1 (Semi-Determinate)
- Hector F1 (Semi-Determinate)

I can also settle for the following as alternative to any 2 of the above:
- H11 F1
- Lemnace F1
Old May 24, 2017   #21
dannyogolo
Tomatovillian™

AT LAST

At last a member from Romania was able to help me buy the varieties available in Romania.
Special thanks to member @SineNomine for taking the pain to assist me. It shows there are trustworthy and selfless people all over the world.

Thanks to all other members who also tried in one way or the other.

Next is to get some other varieties that are exclusive to Ukraine and Belarus. And also I have got someone who has volunteered to assist me
Old May 24, 2017   #22
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyogolo View Post
AT LAST

At last a member from Romania was able to help me buy the varieties available in Romania.
Special thanks to member @SineNomine for taking the pain to assist me. It shows there are trustworthy and selfless people all over the world.

Thanks to all other members who also tried in one way or the other.

Next is to get some other varieties that are exclusive to Ukraine and Belarus. And also I have got someone who has volunteered to assist me

Seeds from Ukraine and Belarus and Russia , etc., are very easy to find. Several of us offer them in seed offers here, but a MUCH better way to find them is to go to Tania's superb database since she offers I can't tell you how many for sale from all those regions and I do think she will ship to Nigeria although you'd have to confirm that with her..

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/w...itage_Tomatoes

If you have any problems navigating her website please let me know and I can walk you through it.

Carolyn
Old May 24, 2017   #23
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Way to go danny! (SineNomine is "NoName" in Latin?!)

Please post updates on how the seeds take to your very different climate.

Dennis

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2017   #24
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Danny is searching for some particular professional hybrid tomato seeds for market growers.
That's why Tania's site is useless for this.

These seeds are from HM Clause seed company. They are distributed in many countries including Belarus.

Hope I will be able to help and they will deliver these seeds to Nigeria safely.

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR

Last edited by Andrey_BY; May 25, 2017 at 12:33 AM.
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2017   #25
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey_BY View Post
Danny is searching for some particular professional hybrid tomato seeds for market growers.
That's why Tania's site is useless for this.

These seeds are from HM Clause seed company. They are distributed in many countries including Belarus.

Hope I will be able to help and they will deliver these seeds to Nigeria safely.
You are very nice and I hope you can help him with the varieties he desires.

I hope he has the good luck I used to have in ordering seeds from Europe, excepting the time before the last order. It was a seller ( yes, ebay, but I usually have good luck) in Romania who sent my seed order twice, but they never got here. No notice from the US either about destroying my seeds. After 3 or 4 months or so, I did get a refund on 2 out of 15 packets of seeds through ebay. Just happens sometimes, <shrug>.

Had some luck since then, so I just chalk it up to things happen.

Dannyogolo, I don't think anyone meant YOU are a scammer- just there are a huge amount of scams working out of Nigeria.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2017   #26
StrongPlant
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
Way to go danny! (SineNomine is "NoName" in Latin?!)

Please post updates on how the seeds take to your very different climate.

Dennis
I second this.Many of the varieties he mentioned are grown here as well,especially matias,I'm curious to see how will they preform in Nigeria.
StrongPlant is offline   Reply With Quote