Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old March 5, 2006   #46
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Default Yipee

Thanks Suze,
I'm very glad to hear that.
Best wishes for a great season.
Grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2006   #47
popepaul
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Mate!

Seeds arrived. My Post Office made me pay .84 cents as postage due, since they were not stamped. It will be well worth it when I get the little babies in a nice warn starting mix and under the light.

Now comes the bad part, waiting till I can pick the first one.

Let me know if there is anything you need. I would be happy to ship them across the pond.

Best regards,
Paul
popepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2006   #48
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Default Extra Postage

Postage was all paid for at this end, but apparently that's not altogether clear Next time I'm lickin' stamps.
Old March 8, 2006   #49
Tomstrees
Tomatovillian™

Grub,
Good news to report on GMG ~
4 Healthy seedlings popped up !
Doing great ~
Lets see how they like the "bayshore".
Thanks again,
~ Tom
Tomstrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2006   #50
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Default Yeeha!

Bravo Tom. Thanks for the feedback. I will sleep well tonight. Best wishes for a great season and hopefully GMG turns out PL, green, tasty and rewarding.
Old March 8, 2006   #51
popepaul
Tomatovillian™

I think my Mail Woman, just wanted a tip. Now, if she brought me nice presents like GMG everyday, the tips would flow like rain.

As for my GMG, I will be planting the little babies tonight and singing them sweet lullabies. Wait, I had better not sing. Once they heard me sing, they would pull up roots and swim all the way back to the land down under. I don't think American Idol will be showing up at my door, unless they are looking for another William Hung. Crap, my wife told me William Hung is Elvis compared to me.
popepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2006   #52
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Default RETURN TO SENDER!!!!!!!!!!

I AM HOPPING MAD!!!

Mad as

Despite paying postage I just got an envelope sent back to me saying affix stamp. These were supposed to be stamped during the bulk mailing process that I paid for but there is not a mark of any kind on the envelope. Is that what you meant, Carolyn?

The recipient, whose name I won't reveal here out of respect for her privacy, lives in Alcoa 37701. I am going to add stamps to this envelope and will send it today.

If for some reason you haven't got seeds do let me know. Maybe this is just one envelope that missed the stamping machine. Or maybe they all missed the machine and you are all very lucky to get the seeds

Our public service is a bloated animal filled with buffoons who enjoy more privileges than most hard-working individuals, who dole out a sub-standard service if any at all, and who look like crap. But no politician is game to tackle the problem. Well, will I give them a mouthful this afternoon in that post office. Luckily we have gun laws. But there’s nothing to stop me dropping a steaming meat pie on their counter or spilling my coke on their lap. There is no room for error when it comes to seed distributions. Do they know what’s involved? Sheesh!
Old March 8, 2006   #53
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Grub, the envelope I received from you was completely and utterly unstamped or cancel marked in any fashion, other than those four blank orange boxes in the lower right hand corner.

That's why I was amazed that I even received it.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2006   #54
angelstiger
Tomatovillian™

Grub,
So you have more ammo for the postal worker. My envelope was comepletely blank as well, and I did have to pay 84 cents postage due. Not that I minded at all, but it seems like the postal worker dropped the ball.

Ammo, postal worker....gotta be a joke in there somewhere...lol
Old March 8, 2006   #55
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Default I SEE

Well, it's sounding like a whole bunch have snuck in under the radar then. This only adds further to the mystery.

Perhaps anything and everything that comes in contact with these seeds is drawn into a cloud of perplexit¥ (see what I mean, that was supposed to be a "y")?

Next time I'm lickin' for sure I at least expect a little ink if not horse glue for my hard-earned. Not too much to ask, Mr Palaeolithic Cro-Magnon Postie. Growl, growl, growl. Whack!

Now, where Craig's hand grenade disguised as a hummingbird feeder when you need it?
Old March 8, 2006   #56
bully
Tomatovillian™

Probably a God gosh darnoodley Dutchman running the place too
bully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2006   #57
cottonpicker
Tomatovillian™

Default GMG

Hey... Grub,

Saw your hilarious statement defining your public service as a "bloated animal stuffed with buffoons...." sounds like you live in my hometown!!

BTW...I haven't received my GMG seeds yet..... Perhaps the request got lost in the heat of battle???

Keep your updates comin'..... they're "fair dinkum"!!
LarryD
Old March 9, 2006   #58
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Default Email Me

I'm getting a few emails from seedless fellow forumites, so if you haven't got them yet email me through this site and I'll send some more. Less effort this time as they are bagged up and ready to fly....
Old March 9, 2006   #59
Colorado_west
Tomatovillian™

There was no cancel or post mark on my seed envelope either. Just my address you put. They delivered it okay. I sure wondered why no marks what so ever from your post office. It sure looked funny.

I planted a few days ago. thankyou again.
Colorado_west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2006   #60
dokutaaguriin
Tomatovillian™

Hi Grub,
When my wife picked up your letter the other day she too thought-What the heck is the letter some sort of junk mail or something? because there was no stamp on it. She turned it over and saw the return address and figured it was something about tomato seeds.
Perhaps a Royal Commission is needed to investigate the Post Office and their lacking of affixing a real stamp to the letter.

Jeff, who just sowed his seeds yesterday and is praying for a genetically stable GMG
dokutaaguriin is offline   Reply With Quote