Tomatoville® Gardening Forums


Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 1, 2018   #1
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NC
Posts: 511
Default Is this Early Blight? Thead Deleted. Thanks!!!

I just want to say thank you.


What could have turned into a productive conversation and discussion, along with great photos of the progression, was deleted. All because it was Hi-Jacked by a Moderator. The comments could have been deleted, but instead, the entire thread was.


If those are the types of Politics in play here, then just as well, feel free to delete my account.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #2
carolyn137
Tomatoville® Moderator
 
carolyn137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Upstate NY, zone 4b/5a
Posts: 21,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOaks View Post
I just want to say thank you.


What could have turned into a productive conversation and discussion, along with great photos of the progression, was deleted. All because it was Hi-Jacked by a Moderator. The comments could have been deleted, but instead, the entire thread was.


If those are the types of Politics in play here, then just as well, feel free to delete my account.
I just looked in the Forum for Garden Diseases and Pests , but don't see a thread that was deleted it would indicate in the thread to everyone if a post or whatever was deleted..

Would you please post in your current thread where I can find what you are referring to?

Thanks,

Carolyn
__________________
Carolyn
carolyn137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #3
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™
 
Rajun Gardener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lafayette La
Posts: 1,966
Default

This was it.

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...214#post702214
__________________
Rob
Rajun Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #4
Worth1
Tomatovillian™
 
Worth1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bastrop Texas Lost Pines Forest.
Posts: 35,437
Default

I clicked on that link and it said I didn't have permission to look at it.
__________________
Home of Cactus Flats Botanical Gardens.
I kill my lobster with a 30-06.
But of course I live in Texas and the dam things are huge.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #5
carolyn137
Tomatoville® Moderator
 
carolyn137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Upstate NY, zone 4b/5a
Posts: 21,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I clicked on that link and it said I didn't have permission to look at it.
Same here Worth. No permission to read it and when a post or thread is deleted and as a Global Mod I can read what it was.

And I'm still waiting for Four Oaks to give me the link I was asking for,but nothing yet.

Carolyn
__________________
Carolyn
carolyn137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #6
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™
 
Rajun Gardener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Lafayette La
Posts: 1,966
Default

That's the link, I got that from my history because I was following it some to see what the final thoughts were. I get the same thing when I clicked on it but that was the topic.
__________________
Rob
Rajun Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #7
GrowingCoastal
Tomatovillian™
 
GrowingCoastal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Vancouver Island Canada BC
Posts: 835
Default

A mystery

Last edited by GrowingCoastal; June 1, 2018 at 12:42 PM. Reason: confusion
GrowingCoastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #8
Worth1
Tomatovillian™
 
Worth1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bastrop Texas Lost Pines Forest.
Posts: 35,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajun Gardener View Post
That's the link, I got that from my history because I was following it some to see what the final thoughts were. I get the same thing when I clicked on it but that was the topic.
I remember the topic and I do know I have every year early blight.
I dont have to go to an expert some place in a lab to know this.
Normally I can just cut away the effect part and the plants outgrow it.
Plants that dont I wont grow again.
If it isn't early blight I dont care because I believe what I want to believe and it makes me happy.
__________________
Home of Cactus Flats Botanical Gardens.
I kill my lobster with a 30-06.
But of course I live in Texas and the dam things are huge.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #9
mobiledynamics
Tomatovillian™
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: 7B
Posts: 280
Default

Was that the thread with the Mary-Ju-Wanna tidbits. Maybe it was not a human mod but a auto-mod that moderated it ?

Anyhow, any of the MODS should have the ability on the backend to shed some light, if they choose.
mobiledynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #10
Worth1
Tomatovillian™
 
Worth1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bastrop Texas Lost Pines Forest.
Posts: 35,437
Default

No auto mod moderated anything on Mary Jay Wanny.
It has been discussed here many times on and off.

Worth
__________________
Home of Cactus Flats Botanical Gardens.
I kill my lobster with a 30-06.
But of course I live in Texas and the dam things are huge.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #11
seaeagle
Tomatovillian™
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: virginia
Posts: 485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I remember the topic and I do know I have every year early blight.
I dont have to go to an expert some place in a lab to know this.
Normally I can just cut away the effect part and the plants outgrow it.
Plants that dont I wont grow again.
If it isn't early blight I dont care because I believe what I want to believe and it makes me happy.

Thank You. Yes the plants will outgrow it. They have for thousands of years without chemical intervention.



I put out tomato plants when the soil temp was 65 degrees and then we had a week long cloudy rainy spell and the plants caught something. Early blight or Septoria, doesn't matter. They outgrew it and are thriving now.


As usual I have to add that this may not work everywhere.
seaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #12
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: NC
Posts: 511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I just looked in the Forum for Garden Diseases and Pests , but don't see a thread that was deleted it would indicate in the thread to everyone if a post or whatever was deleted..

Would you please post in your current thread where I can find what you are referring to?

Thanks,

Carolyn
http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...376#post702376

Carolyn, this is the same topic from yesterday that you chimed in on. Which lead to you unloading on Marsha.

Do you not recall?
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #13
carolyn137
Tomatoville® Moderator
 
carolyn137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Upstate NY, zone 4b/5a
Posts: 21,097
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOaks View Post
http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...376#post702376

Carolyn, this is the same topic from yesterday that you chimed in on. Which lead to you unloading on Marsha.

Do you not recall?
Again when I click on your link it says I have no permissions.

Yes, I got back to Marsha very strongly and posted why I did so. Did you read that and understand that if someone has something very negative to say about another person,you don't do it publicly,you PM the person privately.

And you may not have seen this but she got back to me in that same thread and apologized and said she had deleted her post. And of course that update from her was also sent to me at home as is true for anyone who posts in any given thread.

I did not delete the thread.Period. There is no auto-delete other than certain words some might use,which are not acceptable and the software does that automatically and is programmed to recognize those words ,thankfully.Period.

But I'm pretty sure I know how it did get deleted, and for that I am very thankful.

I'm also noting that when anyone registers here they have to accept what's called TOS( terms of service),which is part of the registration process. Most registering actually read it as part of the registration process,some others don't and pay the consequences when they do not adhere to TOS..

If anyone wants to see what they agreed to, there is a backup to TOS re registration if you go to the very bottom of the page and click on TOS which anyone can do, registered or not.

Carolyn
__________________
Carolyn
carolyn137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #14
Worth1
Tomatovillian™
 
Worth1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bastrop Texas Lost Pines Forest.
Posts: 35,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaeagle View Post
Thank You. Yes the plants will outgrow it. They have for thousands of years without chemical intervention.



I put out tomato plants when the soil temp was 65 degrees and then we had a week long cloudy rainy spell and the plants caught something. Early blight or Septoria, doesn't matter. They outgrew it and are thriving now.


As usual I have to add that this may not work everywhere.
It is out of my love for all things critter from spiders and lizards to even snakes.
My driveway is a miniature Jurassic park and I have to slow down in my truck to let the lizards get out of the way.
They have a cave they live in under it.
They even come out to drink when I water.
Been there for years.
Worth
__________________
Home of Cactus Flats Botanical Gardens.
I kill my lobster with a 30-06.
But of course I live in Texas and the dam things are huge.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #15
Sherry_AK
Tomatovillian™
 
Sherry_AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alaska Zone 3/4
Posts: 1,845
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I'm also noting that when anyone registers here they have to accept what's called TOS( terms of service),which is part of the registration process. Most registering actually read it as part of the registration process,some others don't and pay the consequences when they do not adhere to TOS..
Long ago I believe the TOS included language that TOS could be changed with notice to members. That wording was deleted (without notice to members as far as I know) some time ago. I do pop in a read TOS from time to time and notice changes. So, without actually reading TOS each time a person signs in to T'ville, one would not necessarily know the rules. That is one of the reasons I seldom post here any more. Also, disappearing threads disturb me. Just my opinion.

Sherry
Sherry_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 AM.


★ Tomatoville® is a registered trademark of Commerce Holdings, LLC ★ All Content ©2017 Commerce Holdings, LLC ★