Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old March 27, 2006   #1
SelfSufficient1
Tomatovillian™

Default Hawaiian Pineapple, lol

[img]

I have hesitated to show this picture here. Since reading here I have felt kind of stupid about this, lol. Last year when my tomatoes weren't producing anything someone mentioned to me that I should start some more, that I had a long enough growing season to still get some tomatoes. So I started some Hawaiian Pineapple seeds,which of course were not even put in the ground by the time cold weather hit . Anyway, I just left them in sitting there(in a six-pack) until I ran out of greenhouse room,then looked around, saw my bucket of USED dirt and threw three(yes three) of them in it. Boy, they took off growing then! As they got too big I added the wire around it, then added more,lol. I threw a handful of fertilizer in once, watered with MG once and threw some manure on top about a month ago. I took it outside a couple of days we had in the upper 70's(real fun dragging that thing in and out ). Right now it is getting quite a bit of buds and I will be impressed if they produce tomatoes in the conditions they are in. Geez,the bucket doesn't even have drain holes! (Yes, yes, I will put some in it before it is outside for good).
Anyway, I have learned a lot here and this probably won't happen again(well, I guess if it produces well this way it might). [/img]
Old March 27, 2006   #2
SelfSufficient1
Tomatovillian™

Oops, I don't know how to turn it
Old March 28, 2006   #3
Suze
Tomatovillian™

You can rotate pics in IrfanView. It's really a handy tool.

I know what you mean about carrying containers in and out -- it always seems like a good idea at the time, but in reality can get a little tiresome in the long run.

How big is your greenhouse?
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28, 2006   #4
SelfSufficient1
Tomatovillian™

Well, I never really thought that the plants would grow that much in that bucket.
The greenhouse is very small but we built it ourself. The wood was free and the plastic only cost about $30.
[img][/img]