Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old March 16, 2014   #1
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Default What is this on my container peppers?

These are jalapeno peppers started from seed growing in a SWC. They have some spots on the older leaves. They were just transplanted a couple of weeks ago and the stems were really spindly and it took them a couple of days to stand up straight. I am away from home but something was eating the other pepper plants so my husband sprayed an insecticidal soap on all the pepper plants. Not sure if this is some burn from that or some disease.

Thanks,
Ginny

Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2014   #2
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Since the discoloration is at the edges and tips of the leaves I would guess they were sprayed in warm weather and burned. Looks environmental and not like any disease to me.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2014   #3
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

They may be geezer leaves.
Have the the spots been skeletonized?

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2014   #4
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

SunCityLinda - that's what I was thinking too. I think it is possible those places of the leaves were touching the plastic at the time my husband sprayed. He sprayed because the other peppers had some damage to the leaves so he sprayed all the pepper plants with store bought insecticidal soap about a week ago.

Worth1 - I will ask my husband to take a new picture since I'm still out of town and don't know. This picture was from two days ago (maybe three).

Here is a picture of the plants that had some damage that caused him to spray. I can't wait to get home so I can inspect everything thoroughly... by the time I get home Friday I will have been away for two weeks during prime Florida growing season.

Ginny
Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote