Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 4, 2016   #1
The Future
Tomatovillian™

Default 4th Annual Vintage Organics Tomato Festival

The results are in. We have a dozen ripe tomatoes for our guests today. The top three voter getters were:

1. F1 Aunt Ruby's German Green cherry X Black Sea Man
2. Verde Claro
3. Yamal

ARGGc x BSM is my own cross grow out this year. I was careful not to mention until after all votes were counted to ensure my interest did not sway the results. I had a few prior and also think they are very good. The voters have spoken! F2 will be grown out starting in late August for a fall crop.

This is my first year growing Verde Claro and now I see what the hype is about. Unique taste in a gwr Cherry that I think is amazing. Very glad tom Wagner released this.

We have had a lot more rain that normal this year so a lot of tomatoes burst or did not make it to produce for today's event. Mostly cherry tomatoes made the line up with 1884 and BSM being the main full sized tomatoes. A good time was had by all.

I will post a note for the 2017 event for those who will be in Bermuda for the first weekend in June.
Old June 4, 2016   #2
jhp
Tomatovillian™

Your ARGGc x BSM cross sounds interesting. Care to share any details? Pictures?

Sounds like a lovely day.

Jen
jhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2016   #3
The Future
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhp View Post
Your ARGGc x BSM cross sounds interesting. Care to share any details? Pictures?

Sounds like a lovely day.

Jen
Thanks Jen. We had a blast. I just last week read KarenO's threads on her cross and grow out project and will look to do the same with this cross.

Her great thread is here.
http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=35894

My F2 thread will get started in September. Will post some pictures there.