Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old February 22, 2006   #46
TomatoDon
Tomatovillian™

I agree A. Something was just not right about him. He really wasn't mean, but just irritated people, and made no sense whatsoever in many things. Claiming to plant tomatoes under a snow bank? Did you see that one? The whole thing was bizarre, and the more it went on the more bizarre it got. I got tired of it in a way, but in another way I found him more entertaining than Fred Haney in Green Acres, as was mentioned today. Certainly more colorful that Mr. Douglas. Now, Zsa Zsa, that was another story.

Anyways...our friend and enemy is gone now. And it's time to plant. I'm ready to do that.

Don

Don
Old February 22, 2006   #47
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Folks, we do know quite a bit about him as to what his real name is, where he lives, where he posts from, where he posts elsewhere online, who he knows that we know, and more.

But it really isn't right for me or anyone to be giving out that info here and now although some other regular posters here know something about that as well.

As Craig has said, we're on the watch for him to reup, as it were, since elsewhere he was known to reup when booted and at last count had about 12 different user names that he used.

Lastly, I do think that it's time we close out this thread and move on to other threads since the initial topic of this thread is over and done with and all recent posts here have been on the topic of person who started the thread.

Thanks so much.
Old February 22, 2006   #48
Rena
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn are you sure your not working for the Prez?? Jokes aside is MF logging on from Prison? Curious minds want to know :wink:
Rena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2006   #49
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

We all work for the Prez.

And no, he is not logging on from a prison.
Old February 22, 2006   #50
clay199
Tomatovillian™

I have to admit that it would bother me if I thought I were working for your Prez. I am working for my PM.
clay199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2006   #51
travis
Tomatovillian™

As to Mark Feron/Mat Fox's identity and location, it's really no big secret. MF identified himself at another forum when he said he took 3rd place in Meatless Spaghetti Sauce (Class 131) at the Maryland State Fair in 2005, and was beaten by two women:

http://www.bcpl.net/~mdstfair/ha_kresults.pdf

Of course, even MF is capable of manufacturing such a fable, but the 2005 MSF results were published after his claim, if my chronology is correct, and 2005 was the first time MSF published such results.

He is a curious fellow indeed and I've seen his posts at several online forums. His wording and sentence structure structure fluctuates wildly between totally literate and sensible to quite fractured and sometimes nearly illiterate. That is very curious, but may be understandible to someone qualified to analyse such things.

As to what kind of character he is, that also seems to fluctuate, in my unqualified opinion, between someone's previous definitions of a "sympathetic" vs. "pathetic" character.

As to why I grow various types of tomatoes with regard to foliage, and I hope to grow 4 types this summer, it's purely due to curiosity ... and thank God I'm not a cat!

PV
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2006   #52
TomatoDon
Tomatovillian™

PV, (you ole scroundrel and Mississippi hippie!)

MF took 3rd place in Meatless Spaghetti Sauce contest? Was this after he won the Texas Chilli contest? He was on Emeril Live a few weeks ago showing a Cajun recipe for crawfish ettouffe (no matter how you spell it), and then I heard he was throwing out the first pitch on Opening Day at Camden Yards this year. That's in Maryland.

But the best thing he's done so far is grow a tomato under a snow bank. I dreamed about that last night. I just wish NASA could get him for a few years.

Don
Old February 22, 2006   #53
geoguy_TN
Tomatovillian™

I guess that I will never get to see a picture of his snow bank tomato. Bummer. Was it a yellow tomato?

We need a new villian to keep things interesting around here. All of you wierdos out there - now is the time to step up to the plate...
Old February 22, 2006   #54
TomatoDon
Tomatovillian™

Oh, he had pictures of the snow bank, but never the tomato. Some likened the fuzzy image to that of something to do with Bigfoot. It was this odd, out of focus thing, taken through a fence, with a vaguely distinguishable snow pile in the background, where he claimed a Wall of Water was under the snow, and the snow was keeping the plant warm.

I've paid good money on admission fees for purposes of entertainment, but Mf was the best free entertainment I've seen in a while. If we could just get some snow here, I'd try his method.

They say he now has his own tomato forum. Heaven only knows what's going on there. If I had the link, I'd check it out. I would see things there that I'd never see any place else.

Until then...

Don
Old February 22, 2006   #55
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Clay,

The prez I was referring to is not the US prez, it's Mischka, prez of Tville.

OK folks, as I said above, I really do think enough has been said around and about the person who posted here as Mark Feron.
Old February 22, 2006   #56
TomatoDon
Tomatovillian™

Yes, Ma'am. I'm trying.

D
Old February 22, 2006   #57
barkeater
Tomatovillian™

don06, I'm sure it was Eva, not Zsa Zsa on Green Acres . Love the show, especially episodes concerning Oliver's farming endeavors, especially the cracks he got on his tomato "crop" in one show.
barkeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22, 2006   #58
TomatoDon
Tomatovillian™

I guess I get my Gabors mixed up! They all look the same anyway!

That show was a riot to me. Loved Mr. Drucker, and all the cast on Petticoat ★★★★★★★★, too. Now who was the County Agent? Hank Kimble? I loved how he was always back-tracking and changing the stories up. And the carpenter twins, boy and girl. Poor Mr. Douglas.

It wasn't here in Mississippi, so it must have been in Indiana somewhere. Maybe in east Tennessee.

Don
Old February 23, 2006   #59
barkeater
Tomatovillian™

Maybe. One episode Mr. Haney said it was 300 miles to Chicago when Oliver planned to fly there.
barkeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2006   #60
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoguy_TN
We need a new villian to keep things interesting around here. All of you wierdos out there - now is the time to step up to the plate...
Tomatovillians are not encouraged to become Tomatovillains.

Bad idea.

Really bad idea.

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote