Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discuss your tips, tricks and experiences growing and selling vegetables, fruits, flowers, plants and herbs.

Old May 29, 2015   #1
sfulwood
Tomatovillian™

Default red beet prices at your market

what are you seeing beets sell for at your markets? by the pound or bunched? how many small to medium in a bunch?
sfulwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2015   #2
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

It's a bit early for beets near me. But in the past, we've done bunches of about 6-8 small beets or 5-6 medium or 3-4 large beets in a bunch for $1.50 - 2.00. If the tops get too crummy for some reason, then we do a quart for $2.00. We rarely have enough to do larger quantities.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2015   #3
Marcus1
Tomatovillian™

We sell our beets for $1 per pound. I take the tops off and keep them bagged in the cooler and also sell them at $1 a pound.
Marcus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2015   #4
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

You guys are cheap! Make it worth your while to offer something that goes for 3-5.00 a pound at the grocery store. If they won't pay it don't grow it. Beets are a lot of hands and knees work. I sell my beets by the bunch and charge 3.00 a bunch. Usually it is what I can hold on my hand as I am pulling. I sort by size and put a rubber band around the stems. Some people like to eat the beet greens so I offer to leave them or remove them for the customer. If they don't want the greens, rebanded I can sell the tops only.. for another 2.00. I was at a local Giant Eagle back in NOVEMBER and they wanted 3.00 for 3 beets.
Old May 31, 2015   #5
guruofgardens
Tomatovillian™

In the winter months, beets are $2-3 per 3 beet bundle. This week they're $2/3 beets though with all the rain we've had and still have, that price may jump if we can't get out gardens in.
guruofgardens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2015   #6
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I would love to get more for mine. But I have too many Hmong growers at the market I sell at that tend to sell low.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote