Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 20, 2016   #751
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrobbins View Post
I actually had a light frost on my roof this morning. This summer when we were having record breaking heat here I told anyone and everyone that would listen that I did not care how cold it got I would not complain. I flat out lied. I hate cold weather. At least the sun is shining. I am also tired of all the gray days and excessive rain.
You still have all your peppers under lights right?

Ginny
Fiishergurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2016   #752
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

I took this picture this morning. I have some blooms.. going to buzz them and see if they set tomatoes. I doubt it with this weather, but worth a try.

The two pictures below are the same lettuce box. The lighter green was taken before it got cold. The maroon colored picture was taken this morning. Theres less lettuce in the darker picture because weve been eating it. But the color change amazes me. Tastes the same but its so pretty combined with the romaine we have growing.

Old January 20, 2016   #753
Chapinz8
Tomatovillian™

That's exactly what happens to me when it turns cold. (Thanks, nice pics).
Chapinz8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2016   #754
kayrobbins
Tomatovillian™

Yes Ginny the peppers are all under lights and will be until some time in February. So far out of the 233 I have in 4 inch pots only one looks like it is not going to make it. I will be so relieved when the bulk of them go to the herb farm and I only have my personal ones to care for.
kayrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2016   #755
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Yes Ginny the peppers are all under lights and will be until some time in February. So far out of the 233 I have in 4 inch pots only one looks like it is not going to make it. I will be so relieved when the bulk of them go to the herb farm and I only have my personal ones to care for.
I'll bet you will. That is a lot of work... i cant even imagine. Great job on starting them, potting them up, etc... :-)

Ginny
Old January 22, 2016   #756
captnkirk
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Thats the stuff! I would wait a day since you sprayed this am.
The Stuff really has done the job.I haven't lost anymore leaves since started spraying with the southern ag copper spray.Thanks again Ginger
captnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2016   #757
kayrobbins
Tomatovillian™

We are having snow flurries in Jacksonville. It is such a miserable day. It is 38 right now and they say it feels like 29. I would not know because I am hibernating. I do not like cold.
Old January 23, 2016   #758
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
We are having snow flurries in Jacksonville. It is such a miserable day. It is 38 right now and they say it feels like 29. I would not know because I am hibernating. I do not like cold.
Oh yuck!
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2016   #759
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnkirk View Post
The Stuff really has done the job.I haven't lost anymore leaves since started spraying with the southern ag copper spray.Thanks again Ginger
That suff is so good on fungus. Glad to hear your plants were saved. I sincerely hope they set more fruit than mine are doing!
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2016   #760
kayrobbins
Tomatovillian™

I don't know if any of you saw the post about the free tomato software one of our members created and generously offered it to us free. I had trouble downloading it at first because my Norton security software deemed it not safe. When I checked why it was only because it downloaded so few times. I suspended Norton and installed it and love it. I have already started entering the Dwarf Project tomatoes I am working on. I think all of you would like it. Plus seeing a smiling tomato on my desktop when I don't have any in my garden makes me happy.

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=39452
Old January 24, 2016   #761
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
I don't know if any of you saw the post about the free tomato software one of our members created and generously offered it to us free. I had trouble downloading it at first because my Norton security software deemed it not safe. When I checked why it was only because it downloaded so few times. I suspended Norton and installed it and love it. I have already started entering the Dwarf Project tomatoes I am working on. I think all of you would like it. Plus seeing a smiling tomato on my desktop when I don't have any in my garden makes me happy.

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=39452
Thank you Kay! I'm downloading it now.

How cold did it get there?

Ginny
Old January 24, 2016   #762
kayrobbins
Tomatovillian™

It got down to 29 last night but today is sunny and suppose to get up in the 50s.

If we just have a pepper software like the tomato one my life would be so much easier.
Old January 24, 2016   #763
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
It got down to 29 last night but today is sunny and suppose to get up in the 50s.

If we just have a pepper software like the tomato one my life would be so much easier.
Kay, in glancing at the program it looks like you can add in pepper information also. I would put pepper in front of each description for peppers, or maybe the letter z so that all of the pepper descriptions stay together in the list. You add and delete your own descriptions. Maybe put T in front of any tomato related item and P in front of any Pepper related item.

Ginny
Old January 24, 2016   #764
kayrobbins
Tomatovillian™

I know I could but I want that smiling little pepper icon on my desktop! Just being selfish, I am quiet happy with the program. I think it will help me keep track. I always think I will remember from season to season but often don't.
Old January 24, 2016   #765
Fiishergurl
Tomatovillian™

Lol. I cant remember from week to week anymore.

Ginny