Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old August 8, 2006   #1
billbird2111
Tomatovillian™

Default Tomato Presentation

Got this from the garden this past weekend:

And this is how it turned out!

Tomatoes used for this presentation (which vanished very quickly at a party), included Brandywine, Persimmon, Cherokee Purple, Green Zebra and Livingston's Golden Queen.
Old August 8, 2006   #2
jardinlady
Tomatovillian™

Great picture
I only was able to get a brandywine today, my plants have tiny green tomatoes so I'll have to wait for quite a while. Unfortunately I started kind of late.
The brandywine has not produced well for me at all, so I am thinking about pulling it out and plant some suckers that I have from cherokee purple and prudens purple instead.
Hope to share my pics in the future.
jardinlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8, 2006   #3
billbird2111
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jardinlady
Great picture
I only was able to get a brandywine today, my plants have tiny green tomatoes so I'll have to wait for quite a while. Unfortunately I started kind of late.
The brandywine has not produced well for me at all, so I am thinking about pulling it out and plant some suckers that I have from cherokee purple and prudens purple instead.
Hope to share my pics in the future.
You know, my Brandywine isn't producing in large numbers either. I have a great looking plant, and I've managed to pull off six or seven.

It's so grown into other plants now that I can't tell if it continues to fruit or not. I hope it is. But the cherry tomatoes are really taking over the garden now, and when it comes to small, green tomatoes, it's impossible to tell now which plant they are coming from.

That applies to just about every plant, with the exception of the Caspian Pink. There's no doubting what a Pink looks like, especially when it first fruits. I have about 20 green Caspians now. It should be a great, late producer.

Livingston's Paragon is proving to be a greate, late producer as well. It's just loaded with small, green tomatoes.
Old August 8, 2006   #4
jardinlady
Tomatovillian™

Wow Billbird2111:
That's a great number of matter plants you got there. Well I have 2 bradies in an EB and so far I have only collected 4 matters, I know it is ridiculous, plus I think the plant is dying on me. The only reason why I have not pulled it just yet is because I still have a couple of more green matter, but I think that maybe I should make fried green maters with those and just plant my cherokee and prudens. I have 1 cherokee plant in my garden and it has tons of little tomatoes, this one seems to produce well in the heat and that is exactly what I need. I don't have tons of garden space so I really need them to be productive.
I think I might try red brandywine next time I've heard that this one is the most productive one of the brandies. :wink:
jardinlady is offline   Reply With Quote