Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Upstate New York - Canada event information and discussion forum.

Old July 22, 2012   #1
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Default 6th Annual Buffalo~Niagara Tomato TasteFest invite

Hi ALL,
The party is Sat. Sept. 1 at 1:00. Rain or Shine.(There is a house, clean garage, large covered porch, and tents in case of inclement weather.) Official party end at 8, but some of us still hang out and talk till about 10.
I know that this is Labor Day Weekend, but because of other family obligations, this is when we need to hold it. I know that for some people it actually works out better though.

Remember even if your tomato harvest is less than stellar, we want you there! All of you that have attended before know we always have way more tomatoes than we need : )It is your company that is the most important.

Tomato TASTING and CONTESTS: Bring tomato varieties to taste. Two(more in the case of small tomatoes) of each variety is good, one for display, one for tasting, but if you only have a one that is fine!! In fact if you just have one tomato variety that is fine.

Remember it only take one to win : )
We will have contests for Sweetest. Tangiest, and Best Overall, Biggest, Smallest, Prettiest, and Ugliest.

Besides the tomato contests, we will have raffles for excellent prizes to help with the cost of putting this party together. Prizes included garden, house hold items, and the always coveted homemade canned goods. Please bring a few dollars to buy tickets.

FOOD:
Various meats will be provided. Yes, there will be Meat-on-a-Stick!
We ask people to bring a side dish, salad, or dessert to eat, but it is not required.(We would rather have you attend than stay away because you can't or don't have time to cook.) Please let me know what you plan on bringing so other don't bring the same item. It is a cottage, so there is a full kitchen if you need to put something together once you get there.
DRINKS:
Bottled water, lemonade, and ice tea, and coffee will be available.

Bringing your own beer or wine is fine.

KIDS:
If you have kids, and want to bring them, there will definitely be children between the ages of age 6 -14 there to play with, and they always seem to make friends fast.
There will be assorted toys and there is a swing set. If it is going to be hot out, bring a bathing suit for your kid, we will fill the kiddy pool.

If your kid is older, there will be Can Jam for kids and adults.There are also trails in the wood behind the house to explore.

I plan on PMing people the whole invite with directions. I try not miss anyone, but you do not receive a PM, please send me one!
Thanks,
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
Old August 28, 2012   #2
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Has anybody made definite replies that they are attending?
Old August 28, 2012   #3
remy

Yes, lots of people. They just haven't posted here. Most everyone who attends every year plus some new people too. It is going to be a good day weather and party wise.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Old August 28, 2012   #4
Zana
Tomatovillian™

Again...will reply here too....am still trying to arrange a ride....and if I find one, I'll be there with the Baklava. LOL

Zana
Old August 28, 2012   #5
korney19
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Co-Founder

Are Zabby, Juliana, Dwayne coming? Pomona?
Old August 28, 2012   #6
nicky
Tomatovillian™

Russ & I will be there - can't wait!

It is now our yearly wedding anniversary trip - the things that my husband does to keep me happy...
Old August 29, 2012   #7
Doug9345
Tomatovillian™

I'd love to be there, but It just isn't going to work this year. Next year I should be able to make it as I'm working on returning to college at the University at Buffalo to finish my bachelor degree.
Old August 29, 2012   #8
remy

Doug,
Well then we will see you next year!

Nicky,
Russ is a good man!
Remy

Old September 2, 2012   #9
Zana
Tomatovillian™

So how did it go ?!?!?!?!?!?!

I was thinking of you all all day......could even picture the set up on driveway and garage....and Gary driving the kids on their tour of the woods. Had to go spend time in my new garden....okay more excuse for one at this point. More like a jungle. Trying to figure out how to ward off the local spawns of satan (squirrels and raccoons) that seem to like to self serve on anything remotely ripe. Grrrrrrrrr.

BTW....had to make the baklava anyway....and toast y'all with it.

Zana
Old September 2, 2012   #10
remy

Sorry you couldn't make it Zana. It was really good party this year. I did so miss your Baklava!
I'll post the pics in a new thread,
Remy