Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

A garden is only as good as the ground that it's planted in. Discussion forum for the many ways to improve the soil where we plant our gardens.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 17, 2016   #1
cjp1953
Tomatovillian™

Default ALFALFA PELLETS

I have just about used up my #50 bag of cotton seed meal.I also use gardentone for my tomato and peppers.I was thinking of changing and using alfalfa pellets and garden tone next season.I think the cost would be about the same.Anyone out there use alfalfa meal or pellets?This year I have only tomato plants that I grew from seed and they are really looking great.I just put down a 6" mulch of straw in the garden.I'm going notill this year.I also had a winter crop of hairy vetch and farmers rye that I mowed down and planted into.Looks like a great start so far.I wanted to add something different to the soil.The earthworms really love it.I also put some gypsum in last year to help the clay soil.Don't think I'll add anymore as this seems to be working.
cjp1953 is offline   Reply With Quote