Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion about canning and dehydrating tomatoes and other garden vegetables and fruits. DISCLAIMER: SOME RECIPES MAY NOT COMPLY WITH CURRENT FOOD SAFETY GUIDELINES - FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Old November 14, 2016   #1
oakley
Tomatovillian™

Default fresh hot pepper sauce...medium hot

I had a request at work for a medium hot sauce with a kick but not killer.
Work buddies have been liking a hot sauce...YellowBird. From Austin. Looking at the
ingredient list it lists carrots first, then habs, then vinegars, then citrus...

Made a good one with smoked HatchChilis, garlic, onion. Been smoking peppers for salsa for a few years. Good at that. Garden harvest carrots. Easily bought tiny clementines for citrus, limes...cilantro stems.
I have been making product for charity for a few years and this is a keeper. I spend a hundred and make about a thousand. (my labor is free).
I just call it fresh hot sauce and lasts a couple weeks or freeze. Usually lasts a day/an hour in the baby bear containers on chips, etc. Just freebies i make to share. The babies are 2 dollars i'm thinking.
I have 125-200 people that want to take my hot sauce and salsa home for the holidays...i need more time, oy.
Attached Images
File Type: png hot sauce.png (777.3 KB, 48 views)
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote