Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating beans, peas, peanuts, clover and vetch.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 17, 2016   #16
aftermidnight
Tomatovillian™

This one has turned out to be one needing a long season at least for me, the last pole standing in the garden everything else is finished and has been for some time.
I'm just collected and shelled the first pods today, it actually stopped raining for half an hour. I can say this variety holds up to rain really well, It's been raining for days, we've had some real downpours. I was pleasantly surprised to find a few mature pods, the pods were paper thin and not a sign of mold on any of them.
They were very easy to shell, big, black, round seeds, the pole is still loaded with pods most in the shelly stage, maybe a few further along, I should get a few more seeds out of them.

This variety although planted at the same time as the others was very slow at producing flowers, not because of any heat although we had a few hot days in June, one of the coolest summers we've had in a long time. I'll pull the vines tomorrow and dry them under cover.

Annette
aftermidnight is offline   Reply With Quote