Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MidWest Tomato Fest™ event information and discussion forum.

Old July 24, 2009   #1
piegirl
Tomatovillian™ Honoree

Default MidWest Tomato Fest - 2009

We have set the date for this year's fest - August 23 - Sunday, from 1:30 to 3:30 or so. The Fest is in Lincoln, Nebraska at the picnic shelter located at the NORTH end of the Children's Zoo parking lot (roughly South 27th and C Street)- lots of close-by parking and easy access to two public gardens. So bring your tomatoes, a palate cleanser/snack to share if you wish, a lawn chair and join us for the fun. We have checked with several tomato lovers in the area and most of us are just getting a good set, some are just finally picking their first ripe ones. If you have any questions, please PM me or PaulF.
Old July 26, 2009   #2
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

By Fest time there should be plenty of tomatoes, but right now they are coming in fits and spurts and me with another tasting Aug 3. Piegirl said she would help with some ripe ones then and anyone else with ripe tomatoes who wants to come to Brownville on Sunday afternoon is more than welcome.

We are looking forward to the fun time August 23 to see old friends and to make new ones. We are still a low-key, friendly group and everyone is welcome.
Old August 18, 2009   #3
dks4cats
Tomatovillian™

Default 2009 Tomato Fest

I have them coming out of my ears, they are all beautiful. Of course now that I have said that, they will all die and get a disease so I won't be able to bring any. This is a complicated site. I am just learning how to naviate it. Let me know how things are Denise (Pie Girl). Do we need anything other than tomatoes to bring?
Old August 22, 2009   #4
heirloomer08
Tomatovillian™

Boy, I'm bummed! I was looking forward to coming to the Tomato Fest for the first time this year and I don't have a thing to bring. This year has been the abosolute worst year for growing in my area.(northwest Iowa) I will barely have enough produce to fill my own pantry let alone do my farmers market. I have alot of disappointed clients, but what do you do? I hope you guys have a great time and I hope to attend next year!!!
Later, Heirloomer08
Old August 22, 2009   #5
piegirl
Tomatovillian™ Honoree

Come on down anyway - we all have a bad year. I've plenty quite a few are real stinkers - had a near spitter for dinner tonight. Be sure and introduce yourself - I'm the short one with a long braid. piegirl
Old August 30, 2009   #6
dks4cats
Tomatovillian™

Default Good turn out and front page of local paper!

Just wanted to thank Denise and everyone who joined in for the Tomatofest this year. I think this was the first year I was able to taste about ever tomato and that my husband was able to come. Lovely palate cleansers as well, the pesto adn bread and warm cherry pie and brownies just hit the spot. We do need to get name tags because I can never remember who is who from year to year. Great time! I hope my seeds come up this spring!