Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old November 23, 2007   #586
tessa
Tomatovillian™

no manto...didn't get any of those. they look pretty good there! would love a peek inside them when they're ready.

i think my first tomato this year (besides the constant production from my cherry tomato machine, nearly dead now) will be an ashleigh....but it's only a wee mite at the moment. nothing like your monsters there!

i'm looking forward to tye dye developments!!!
tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2007   #587
mcsee
Tomatovillian™

For the novelty tomato here this year - Donella's Superb is stretching out.

mcsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2007   #588
Spatzbear
Tomatovillian™

Nice, Mcsee! You are way ahead of me.
Glad you liked Ida Gold.

Great going, everyone. I enjoy all your pictures.

I have finished planting the tomatoes. Even got my act together to draw up plans, to ensure I know what I planted, how many, and where. I even typed up the final list.

But I'm way behind with the last bit of planting - some chillies, capsicums and pumpkins, etc. The wind has been killing me the last few days - pollen everywhere - and it made breathing very difficult. Buggery hayfever.

It's less windy today and I might be able to go outside a little while. Gotta mulch one more bed to be able to plant out the rest of the chillies and capsicums. Then to build up my pumpkin beds and plant those. The seedlings are starting to look very sad - the pots are getting a bit crowded. Poor buggers.

Everything else in the ground is looking really good. Let's hope the season will be good for everyone!
Old November 27, 2007   #589
Mantis
Tomatovillian™

The wind is predicted to be much less for a few days here, so I hope its the same over there Spatz.
Getting lots of new fruitset here which is very cool, as I thought it was going to be a lean year. I have even ordered a 10 kilo box of toms to make sauce (read ketchup you northeners ), this weekend coming
I did pick 3 Gary O'Senas tonight but they are not quite ripe and not quite the right colour. I will show Keith a pic of them tommorow. Might be my accidental cross hehe
Got ripening fruit on my AzoychkaXJuanne Flammee cross and Grumpy f4"s
Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27, 2007   #590
tessa
Tomatovillian™

you make your own ketchup, mantis? *cool*!
tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27, 2007   #591
Mantis
Tomatovillian™

Have done for most of my life Tessa. Its really easy with Easysauce that you can buy at most supermarkets. Recipe is on the bottle. 9 kg of toms, onions, garlic etc plus the easysauce which is food acid and spices -> sauce
Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote