Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Forum area for discussing hybridizing tomatoes in technical terms and information pertinent to trait/variety specific long-term (1+ years) growout projects.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 15, 2006   #1
bully
Tomatovillian™

Default Tom's Yellow Wonder

A very interesting tomato ..indeed
Seeds were sent to me by our very own Tomstrees.

The first one I had was good and ripe, I wouldn't say over-ripe as the consistency was not mushy.
It had sweetness and a blush of crimson that strongly reminded me of a real good bi-color.

The tomato above is shown just to the left of this big boy. It was 8 ounces.

That big fella is more the norm than the little one. This tomato plant can turn out some whoppers. I call that shape 'Popeye chin' it's not catfaced or multi-lobed per se ..It just looks like Popeye's chin after Bluto let him have it. You get a lot of Popeye chins with Tom's Yellow Wonder.

This is a juicy complex tasting tomato. The consistency of the flesh is perfect, it melts in your mouth.
You get a burst of flavor right off the bat, not over-whelming but fruity by no means mild.
The over-all flavor is mellow and fruity with a hint of sweetness after the initial burst.

I'm glad I grew it, it has out performed any other large yellow in my garden this year.

Thanks for the seeds Tom

Bully
bully is offline   Reply With Quote