Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 15, 2010   #76
DeanRIowa
Tomatovillian™

Here are a couple of comments from Sandhill Preservation's website:

THE 2010 PRINTED CATALOG
We started by sending out Zip Codes 00000 through 49999 on Wednesday, January 6, 2010. Zip Codes 50000 through 69999 were mailed out on Monday, January 11, 2010 and Zip Codes 70000 through 89999 were mailed out today (January 12, 2010). The 90000 through 99999 Zip Codes will go in the mail tomorrow, January 13, 2010. The printed catalogs are sent out by Bulk Rate (Standard) Mail through the U S Postal Service. It can take 7 to 14 days for them to arrive once they have been mailed.

The Seed portion of our online catalog will be updated after the large bulk mailing of catalogs has been sent out in early January, 2010. Since Linda does all of the updating of our online catalog herself, there just is not time to work on that until mid to late January. We are very sorry for any inconvenience that this might cause to our customers, but it must be done this way in an effort to continue to keep our prices reasonable for you, our customers. If we had to pay someone to do the online updates for us, our prices would have to be increased to pay this person's salary.

I live 80 miles away and have not got mine yet, but my zipcode falls in the batch sent on Jan 11th.

Dean
DeanRIowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2010   #77
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I'm also in the 50000 zip group and I haven't gotten mine yet either.

I've been checking the web site for some varieties I want and want to know if they will have them before I blindly send an order. Hopefully if I get the catalog soon, I might be able to send an order before the web site gets up-dated.

I know it's all a lot of work as my own web site needs work too and I don't have a catalog to get out.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2010   #78
earthbox13
Tomatovillian™

Default Sand Hill Preservation Center

I assume most mater addicts here are like me and checking their mailbox once and maybe twice a day to see if their new Sand Hill Preservation Center has arrived. To make things worse, my uncle in New York was harassing me by sending a picture of the cover of the new catalog a couple days ago. I have been thinking of asking him to send pictures of all the tomato pages as well

Not since combing through the Sears catalog and making out a Christmas wish list when I was a little kid have I anticipated the arrival of a catalog so much. Someone… my wife, keeps telling me patience is a virtue.

Below is a cut and paste from the Sand Hill Preservation Center concerning when our new catalogs should arrive.

“THE 2010 PRINTED CATALOG
We started by sending out Zip Codes 00000 through 49999 on Wednesday, January 6, 2010. Zip Codes 50000 through 69999 were mailed out on Monday, January 11, 2010 and Zip Codes 70000 through 89999 were mailed out today (January 12, 2010). The 90000 through 99999 Zip Codes will go in the mail tomorrow, January 13, 2010. The printed catalogs are sent out by Bulk Rate (Standard) Mail through the U S Postal Service. It can take 7 to 14 days for them to arrive once they have been mailed."

I know this will not ease the pain of the wait, sorry.

Scott

Sorry Dean and I had the same thought.

Last edited by earthbox13; January 15, 2010 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Missed it by that much.
earthbox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2010   #79
Gobig_or_Gohome_toms
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the Info Dean I can now go back to patiently waiting as I am in the 50000 zip range as well.

Craig
Gobig_or_Gohome_toms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15, 2010   #80
SunnyK
Tomatovillian™

I am in the 00000-49999, and I only received my catalog yesterday...if that helps at all. It is a beauty this year and I now need to rip up more lawn to make room for things I didn't know I wanted until I got my catalog, LOL!
SunnyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2010   #81
DeanRIowa
Tomatovillian™

I received my Sandhill Preservation catalog yesterday.

Yahoo!

Dean
Old January 16, 2010   #82
mjc
Tomatovillian™

Well, I can stop drooling now, it's making the pages soggy...looks like I need to devote more space to birds...yeah, rare/heritage poultry and heirloom veggies, what a mix...
mjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2010   #83
sfmathews
Tomatovillian™

Yeah, zips 70000-80000 are shipping and I got mine Wednesday! WOOT!!
sfmathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2010   #84
veggie babe
Tomatovillian™

me too, I looked at it for hours. I am ordering peas tonight, for you folks up North cow peas, southern peas. Oh, yeah the cows aren't the ones that will be eating these babes. With all the deer on our land I may be dreaming big, I may not get a pea. It has happened before, in 2006 we did not get 1 pea out of the garden.

Neva
veggie babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2010   #85
sfmathews
Tomatovillian™

Oh, yea, sooo much to look at and take in. And dream about...
I'm going to be trying cowpeas for the first time this year. Whipporwill (sp?)
sfmathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2010   #86
raspberianred
Tomatovillian™

I sent my order in mid Jan and am still waiting. Unfortunately I didn't make a copy of my order so I forgot what all I ordered exactly so it will be like a surprise when it gets here, lol. It's not Alzheimer's- just been a hectic month.
raspberianred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2010   #87
DeanRIowa
Tomatovillian™

I finally placed my order of 13 packets and from the day I mailed my order form to the day I received the seeds it was 7 days. There was even a snow storm in between the mailed and received dates.

They are on the ball this year! Thank you Glenn and Linda!

Dean
Old February 17, 2010   #88
earthbox13
Tomatovillian™

Still no catalogue
I am starting to think that there is a postal worker with a beautiful Sand Hill Preservation Center catalogue in their hands somewhere.

I place an order last week for some tomato varieties from their website. Can't wait to get these guys nestled in some warm seed starting mix
earthbox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2010   #89
matilda'skid
Tomatovillian™

I waited forever it seemed for them to update the website, but once I ordered the seeds came very promptly.
matilda'skid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2010   #90
rxkeith
Tomatovillian™

catalog came in january.
order was placed 1st or 2nd of february. seeds came today, but would have been sooner. mail was held longer than it should have been. post office screw up. i always send them a few extra bucks for the good of the cause. they always send me some freebies. this year its rattle snake beans, ananas melon, and green pineapple tomato. anyone grown that tomato before?
their service has always been good. i don't need a glossy catalog with pictures for what their seed prices are.
just wanted to add that i like sandhill because i believe in what they do. they are a preservation center. thats an idea i'll support.

keith

Last edited by rxkeith; February 18, 2010 at 11:35 PM.
rxkeith is offline   Reply With Quote