Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old August 4, 2013   #436
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father'sDaughter View Post
I just read that there are now 13,000 members here. This forum alone could cause his video's to go viral, as he so proudly proclaims they will. I know I'm done clicking on links to his videos. I've seen more than I need to.
I watched the gangster one for entertainment and clicked on another one and was bored in less than a minute.
So I backed out and aint gonna go back.

worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4, 2013   #437
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default Gots to give him credit for trying.

Started out as a dress salesman, Fashion Bug (now bankrupt) then as a reseller of other peoples seeds, book reviewer, commentator, character actor, mathematician. Trying to figure out his formula, i.e.13,000 Tville members with 13 thumbs down against his 65,000 followers with only 14 thumbs up. I guess math is not one of his stronger traits. Buying some more popcorn for the next installment.
Old August 4, 2013   #438
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Started out as a dress salesman, Fashion Bug (now bankrupt) then as a reseller of other peoples seeds, book reviewer, commentator, character actor, mathematician. Trying to figure out his formula, i.e.13,000 Tville members with 13 thumbs down against his 65,000 followers with only 14 thumbs up. I guess math is not one of his stronger traits. Buying some more popcorn for the next installment.
You can now buy popcorn theater style serving boxes in the party section at dollar general. I just bought some for a birthday party for my daughter...I didn't use them so if you all show up you can use them up and share in the experience here and enjoy the pathetic entertainment he is offering. Come on over.
Old August 4, 2013   #439
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
So funny!
Marsha
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9, 2013   #440
Delerium
Tomatovillian™

I for one have purchased Carolyn's 100 Heirlooms book and LOVE IT! If you ever put a revised and updated book - i will BUY IT!
Delerium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9, 2013   #441
Doug9345
Tomatovillian™

The latest installment.

Link removed. - M.
Doug9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9, 2013   #442
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father'sDaughter View Post
I just read that there are now 13,000 members here. This forum alone could cause his video's to go viral, as he so proudly proclaims they will. I know I'm done clicking on links to his videos. I've seen more than I need to.
I agree wholeheartedly and couldn't care less about watching them. I'm removing the existing links to them and ask that the good folks here refrain from posting any links to his past or future videos.

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9, 2013   #443
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

I guess I'll die having never seen one of these gems.
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9, 2013   #444
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun City Linda View Post
I guess I'll die having never seen one of these gems.
"If an idiot posts a video on YouTube and no one is around to watch it, does it make a sound?"

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9, 2013   #445
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Perfect. I was feeling down but a good laugh is just what I needed. Thanks M!
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2013   #446
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
On GardenWeb.com, a commenter wrote of Pepper Joe:

He has disrespected Guinness and the creator of the current world record holder by putting ed’s pepper at #1 without substantiation, abusing the Guinness name for personal gain. That is misrepresentation and theft.
But he knows, there is one born every minute. My two cents? Don’t be the one born in the next minute! . . . Welcome to the circus.
Taken from a "Hottest Pepper Article". So what else is new!

Ami
Old October 31, 2013   #447
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Went on Dave's Garden site yesterday, and they say they base their top retailers on customer satisfaction comments. Well Penny's and Pepperjoes are both there. No accounting for people, I guess. I don't get it.

Marsha
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31, 2013   #448
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger2778 View Post
Went on Dave's Garden site yesterday, and they say they base their top retailers on customer satisfaction comments. Well Penny's and Pepperjoes are both there. No accounting for people, I guess. I don't get it.

Marsha
Anybody can comment on something an write a review.
These things are worthless.
Many are fakes.
You ever wounder why you can read a product review and everyone is happy?
Then out of the blue someone says it is the biggest pile of junk I have ever bought.
I have no doubt that many people are happy with these folks.
They probably don't even know what has been going on and the seeds sprout.
I hear from folks all of the time about tomatoes I have never heard of or know they were renamed.

They just don't know.

Just the other day I ran across a guy that didn't know a circle came in degrees minutes and seconds.

I thought this was common knowledge.

I told him to turn a potentiometer 10 degrees clockwise instead of a little bit and he told me to speak in layman's terms.
Point.
You can't expect everyone to know about everything.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19, 2013   #449
tomatoaddict

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! I've just read all 30 pages of this thread for the first time. I'm in shock! First off let me say, there is N.O.T.H.I.N.G. boring about Tatiana's site in the least. I spend more time at her place than any other tomato site on the web and find it fascinating. As I always say, I consider it a gift and will always be thankful to her for it. Secondly, I went and looked at Penny's site for the first time. What I found boring was her ho-hum selection of tomatoes. Now before anyone gets angry that is just my opinion. I just think that before anyone calls someone elses site boring they should check the mirror. Thirdly, I hope some attorney calls me. That would just make my day. There is no way in Hades I am ok with my personal info being given out. I am very disappointed in that. Lastly, the garbage being spewed about Carolyns book is just sour grapes. I have the book and it's a treasure. Speaking of Joe, I can hardly believe a grown man acts like that. Really shocking.
Old February 25, 2014   #450
epsilon
Tomatovillian™

I can't figure out the multi-quote thingy but I can tell you how to create a really attractive package for what ever your selling, go fig. so I'll just chime in

If they're calling everyone on t-ville stupid idiots I might take that as defamation and organize a class action lawsuit as generalizing a population or a group of people on a bbs doesn't quite qualify under free speech.

Worth, I was surprised to find out that most people have almost no understanding of any kind of trigonometry let alone simple trig functions. Then again a lot of people struggle now a days with simple fractions and have a really hard time converting to decimals. To be told that there was minutes and seconds in a circle I've heard the reply "what do you mean? a clock?", but then again it probably helps that I was a red legger when I was a wee lad.

Dr. Carolyn I haven't yet read your book, but the knowledge you share on a normal basis with the people on T-ville and GW and just in general is amazing. And I'm starting to get an inkling that you are to tomatoes, as is Paul Stammets to Fungus
and Alec Pridgeon to Orchids. The amount of respect I have for you continues to grow on a normal basis.

finally
I came to this wonderful community in the oddest of ways.
I was looking for answers to BER and stumbled onto this forum by way of the Google search function which first led me to investigate UG which(having studied marketing in university) I never take anything being pitched at face value. search Led me here, and subsequently fixed my problems without having to purchase anything other than a box of dolomite. I Also learned that the topsy turvys are only good as gag gifts.

btw this and that other topic string are the most entertaining things to read when one is resting from illustration.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carolina reaper , deceitful , dishonest , joe arditi , lies , opinions , penny mohney , penny's tomatoes , pepper joe's , photo theft , reviews , untrustworthy