Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 25, 2017   #1
maxjohnson
Tomatovillian™

Default Need advice on seed sharing.

So I bought Ambrosia Orange UBX from J&L and two of the seeds grew into huge plants that produces salad sized fruits in the buckets. It was the most prolific tomato I ever grew and it was growing in heavy nematode soil.

I like to offer some seeds to anyone who's interested in giving it a try. People here seem pretty strict with seed sources I guess I better get confirmation so I don't violate the Ambrosia brand name. I tried emailing J&L to ask about this, but got no reply.
maxjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2017   #2
imp
Tomatovillian™

I don't think it is a PVP or protected seed, but it's nice you asked them.

Nematode soil? Didn't you say you were growing in buckets?
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2017   #3
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

I have asked some if it was okay to share seeds too. It just seemed like the right thing to do.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2017   #4
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Anyone who wants to share seeds,aka make a seed offer, and they aren't protected ones, as mentioned above, should go to the Trade seed Subforum, where seed offers are made,whether trades are asked for or not..BUT only registered members can participate in those two seed subforums, same as in the 2 cents off topic forum.

The guidelines for what can and can't be done in those two forums,is above where the two forums are,such as no money can be offered or given for seeds,etc.

In addition since this continues to be a problem here, no Pming members here to ask for seeds and no asking for seeds if a person sees someone picturing or talking about seeds in General Discussion or elsewhere at Tville.

Hope that helps,

Carolyn