Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating onions, garlic, shallots and leeks.

Old March 24, 2012   #16
dustyrivergarden
Tomatovillian™

I would like to try these myself and I can't find a source. If someone were to find a source let me know....thanks...
Old March 25, 2012   #17
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

I'm looking everywhere for L'ltoi onions. I'm going to check the local gourmet groceries. If I find some I'll send you some. Native seed search doesn't have them listed but I think this fall they might.
From what I understand, there is no need to lift these onions in the summer, just let them die back and they will come up from the roots in the fall, even in the desert of AZ.
Tracydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2012   #18
dustyrivergarden
Tomatovillian™

great deal I will be glad to buy them thanks. I here they sell them in the valley but I rarely get any closer to phx than payson. I found one spot on the internet to order them I ordered them and they never sent them I paid threw pay pal and the gave me my money back. I am glad I used pay pal there what a lousy place...
Old March 26, 2012   #19
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

My brother will keep an eye out at the Scottsdale Farmer's market and Whole Foods. I'll check AJ's next weekend.
Actually, come to think about it, I'll have my medical assistant's husband check for me, he works there and owes me one for getting him over a bad asthma/pneumonia attack without health insurance. I'll see if he can hook us up!
Tracydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2012   #20
dustyrivergarden
Tomatovillian™

very good ...I hope we can find some... I like the idea of bunching onions and the history of this onion and it being somewhat local for me is pretty cool.