Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 8, 2008   #16
Lee
Tomatopalooza™ Moderator

Great company, great service, wonderful selection and product.

Also, they are the only seed company around offering Orange Heirloom comercially! Great orange beefsteak from the mountains of NC that rivals the best orange maters for taste and productivity.

Lee

Cuostralee - The best thing on sliced bread.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2008   #17
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Very good website with historical information. For a long time they were the only source of New Big Dwarf. TomatoGrowers.com started carrying that one this year.

*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2008   #18
velikipop
Tomatovillian™

I just ordered from them and the service was outstanding. I like them for the Livingstone tomatoes and the great info they provide.

Alex

Bob Dylan
velikipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2008   #19
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Victory is one of my top 3 seed companies. Placed my order 28 Dec, shipped 31 Dec and received today. Shipping cost and handling from Oregon to Germany, $4.17!! Don't get much better than that as well as their heirloom/OP selections. Highly Recommended. Ami
Old January 8, 2008   #20
walkswithawolf
Tomatovillian™

Victory was great to me last year will order from them again as soon as i need seeds.
walkswithawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2008   #21
Suze
Tomatovillian™

There was another, older thread here about Victory Seeds, and I just merged the two together so that everyone could conveniently view all the comments made and opinions offered thus far without having to do a search.

Victory Seeds is one of my favorite sources, and I personally have a very high opinion of them.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9, 2008   #22
TomatoDon
Tomatovillian™

Suze comes through again.

BTW, I found what I hope (and think) is my TGS seed pack of BW Sudduth from last year that produced the tomatoes I really liked and mentioned in General Discussion. I have a few seeds left, would you like to try some Suze to see what they really are? Labeled as BWS from TGS and I can only assume that is correct. If this is what I think it is I really believe you will like them.

Don
Old January 9, 2008   #23
BVGardener
Tomatovillian™

I'm a big fan of Victory Seeds. Another little plus they provide is that all of their seed, regardless of the type, is priced the same. So it's real easy to estimate what your order cost will be. Very few seed companies do that. I think the SSE public catalog is priced the same for all varieties but it not something you often see.

Jay
BVGardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2008   #24
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomatoDon View Post
Suze comes through again.

BTW, I found what I hope (and think) is my TGS seed pack of BW Sudduth from last year that produced the tomatoes I really liked and mentioned in General Discussion. I have a few seeds left, would you like to try some Suze to see what they really are? Labeled as BWS from TGS and I can only assume that is correct. If this is what I think it is I really believe you will like them.
Thanks for the kind words and the offer, Don -- but I'll have to pass on it this year. My Brandywine/pink Brandy "type" dance card is full for the spring, as I'll be growing at least two plants each of Brandy Boy f1, Brandy Boy f5 (Misch), Brandywine (fliptx), Brandywine Sudduth (JSS), and Earl's Faux.

Edit, maybe Mischka has room to try it this year? He can grow a lot more plants than I can.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2008   #25
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Suze
I will be growing Brandy Wine Sudduth's from TGS this year so it will be from the same area.
With a little luck I will be able to let you taste it.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2008   #26
Raymondo
Tomatovillian™

Just to add that the service is just as good for those of us living in other countries. I've ordered from Victory several times and have always been happy with the results. I've had reason to be in touch directly with Mike Dunton and he seems a wonderful chap.

Last edited by Raymondo; January 12, 2008 at 05:34 AM.
Raymondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2008   #27
Melissa
Tomatovillian™

I love Victory seeds, they double package the seeds, they ship very quickly, they germinate great, and their shipping prices are very reasonable. I think I paid 6.00 for about 30 seed packets.

They also have some really great sounding melon seeds!
Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2008   #28
pooklette
Tomatovillian™

I have only ordered from Victory twice but I definitely count them as one of my favorite sources. The varieties I ordered last year came in a timely manner, were very reasonably priced, and had high germination rates. This year, I placed an order on Jan. 25th and it came in the mail today...7 days. My 15 packets of seed cost $4.80 for shipping, and considering how well they were packed, that seems to be a fair bargain. Overall, it's been very nice shopping with them.
pooklette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2008   #29
ronbrew
Tomatovillian™

I just am growing Victory's Brandywine Red and Brandywine Sudduth's strain. I'm starting to see the leaves on one of the Sudduth strain and it's PL. Does this mean I have something else than this strain? I bought the Sudduth's strain 2 years ago and the Red Brandywine I bought this year. The Red Brandywine is not large enough to see whether the leaves are PL or RL. Anyway this seems to happen to me all the time. I'm also growing Wins all from Tomatofest and I've heard many people tell me most people sell them as PL when they are suppose to be RL. Last year I grew a couple of varieties that were listed as RL and they were PL. It never seems to be the other way around for some odd reason. Anyway, has anyone bought the two Brandywines from Victory and have they found they are both RL? Any ideas what i may have? By the way I think Victory has the best seeds for germination and they also do really well in germination years after buying vs. others.
Thanks,
Ron
ronbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2008   #30
Lee
Tomatopalooza™ Moderator

BW Sudduth should be PL, so yours at least has the correct leaf type.

Cuostralee - The best thing on sliced bread.
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote