Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old March 13, 2008   #46
cdntomato
Tomatovillian™

http://store.tomatofest.com/SearchRe...22&Search.y=15

I am not in position to understand what Gary knows about the two varieties. But you know me, easily ticked when someone doesn't do their homework before selling. Home gardeners have latitude, sellers don't.

At least he acknowledges credit, which is something.

This is why Mike at Victory is to be lauded in my books.

Jennifer
Old March 13, 2008   #47
carolyn137
Tomatoville® Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdntomato View Post
http://store.tomatofest.com/SearchRe...22&Search.y=15

I am not in position to understand what Gary knows about the two varieties. But you know me, easily ticked when someone doesn't do their homework before selling. Home gardeners have latitude, sellers don't.

At least he acknowledges credit, which is something.

This is why Mike at Victory is to be lauded in my books.

Jennifer

I looked, I saw and I ASAP sent Gary an e-mail. Thanks for the heads up on that one.

Gary sometimes gives credit but more often does not, at least last time I looked thru his listings.
Old March 14, 2008   #48
carolyn137
Tomatoville® Moderator

Gary got back to me this AM, thanked me, and said he'd fix the error. He also asked for seeds for the two varieties but they would be older seeds and it would mean a search and destroy mission I'm not looking forward to.
Old March 14, 2008   #49
cdntomato
Tomatovillian™

Thanks, Carolyn, for following up so promptly!! I wish that I were in a position to help, but it seems that someone else will be able to do so, according to the other thread. Credit to Gary for being receptive to correction and acting on it asap.

Jennifer
Old December 2, 2012   #50
OmahaJB
Tomatovillian™

Just want to make a comment that Mike Dunton is still providing good service at Victory Seeds. I had trouble a week ago ordering, the payment wouldn't process saying to use a different card, so I sent them an email. The email was responded to promptly by Mike, giving a thorough explanation of what may have happened, and telling me to contact him again if I had any more problems. Very professional.

I've ordered in the past and have always received the orders correct and had good germination.

After having somewhat bad service in the past from a couple of seed vendors I wont name because I know other people like them, it's nice when you come across someone who does things right and knows how to deliver good service, and wants to.

Jeff
OmahaJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2, 2012   #51
bitterwort
Tomatovillian™

I agree, Jeff, that Victory's service is good. Also, I've never had any of the seed I've ordered from them that was not true to type (i.e., all plants were correct), which is a plus in my book.
Old August 6, 2013   #52
grodematers
Tomatovillian™

Super fast shipping. Got seeds same day I received email saying seeds were shipped....Now where to plant ? lol
grodematers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9, 2016   #53
JosephineRose
Tomatovillian™

Victory is one of my favorites. Great selection, generous seed counts, great germination and reliability. I'm a huge fan.
JosephineRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2016   #54
gorbelly
Tomatovillian™

I ordered from them for the first time this season, and I was very happy with the experience. Nothing to complain about. A nice selection of tomatoes. I especially appreciate the large number of dwarfs and "vintage" tomato varieties.
gorbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23, 2016   #55
BlackBear
Tomatovillian™

if you simply must "order" seeds.....LOL ......I run through my usual algorithm to find stuff ...

which includes Victory , Tatiana's, Heritage Harvest seed , Tomatofest , Adaptive Seeds, Casey's heirloom seeds, Solana etc. I have been very happy with the above group ...Victory is a good one for sure !
Old January 8, 2017   #56
Yak54
Tomatovillian™

Ordered from them in 2016 with excellent results, so I ordered my Anna Russian, Dwarf Mr. Snow and Polish tomato seeds from them recently for 2017.
Yak54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2017   #57
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

I confess! I bought more seeds...

It was their "original" Italian Romano Pole Bean seeds that lured me. I'm almost certain they are the ones dad always grows but says he no longer sees the seeds for anywhere. He saves seeds but grows about three different varieties and doesn't isolate, so occasionally gets some crossing.

And... since I was already paying for the shipping, I just had to peruse their tomato offerings.

The order was placed Wednesday morning, and they landed in my mailbox, all the way over on the other side of the country, this morning!
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2017   #58
gdaddybill
Tomatovillian™

I'm growing several tomato varieties this year that I bought last year and Tatume squash. Feeling bad that I haven't ordered this year but since I've ordered a few things for next year recently, I may be about to correct that deficiency. Great resource!
gdaddybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2017   #59
carolyn137
Tomatoville® Moderator

I may be biased,I admit to that,but Mike Dunton who owns Victory seeds is one of the most honest persons I know of.

He and his wife and two of his kids at the time flew East to attend a conference on seed packaging that was held at Geneva NY,where there is a USDA station, and they rented a car and came East,down the Mohawk Valley stopping at many historic places for their kids to see and ended up at Fort Ticonderoga near me ,and then drove down to where I live to meet me personally.I knew him before but we had never met.

They left here, drove down to Albany, NY International airport to head back to the west coast.

In the past couple of weeks Mike and I have had several em exchanges,first b/c I send seeds for trial to many seed vendors and he is one,but then the back and forth got into more serious issues, and I've got to get back to him on that.

Will do as soon as I finish my to do list which is getting longer and longer having to do with getting seeds out to my seed producers, getting seeds from here up to N VT where the person who will be taking over for me resides.

Summary?

Mike is a treasure IMO for all the reasons I've mentioned and his background research on various items he sells,not just tomatoes,is impeccable.

Carolyn
Old April 22, 2017   #60
shelleybean
Tomatovillian™

I don't experiment with new varieties as much as I used to and now usually just stick to what's worked well for me in the past. I have finally reached the point that I can buy ALL my seed from Victory. Always great service, very prompt.

I'm always tempted to ask them if they've ever seen Bigfoot, given their location, but never had the nerve.