Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old May 4, 2016   #1
Keowee
Tomatovillian™

Default Help! Sad tomato plants!

Hi folks. I am worried about some of my little guys. We've gotten about 5 inches of rain in the last few days, though at least since these aren't planted out yet, I brought them back under the eaves when I could. I would appreciate if you could take a look and tell me what's wrong. I'm worried about the gross white and black spot. It definitely was not there a few days ago. And I'm hoping the white spots on the other photos are just sun scald, but hoping you can tell me one way or the other. It's worst on the leaves in the 2nd photo, and the 3rd is an example of similar but less noticeable spots on a different plant.

I got copper fungicide today but haven't applied to anything, and am open to other options.

Thanks so much for your help!

Keowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2016   #2
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Looks like sunscald from wet leaves to me, no expert though.
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2016   #3
Keowee
Tomatovillian™

Thanks. Can anybody else chime in?
Keowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2016   #4
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

Sorry, just now seeing this. By now I hope you have your problem under control, if not, I would use Bill's bleach spray method. You may have some sunscald , but when there is alot of rain, heat and humidity, it is easy for blight to get the plants.

http://tomatoville.com/showthread.ph...t=bleach+spray

Just don't freak when you see leaves die and curl up. The bleach spray only kills those plant leaves effected. During fall when humidity is high after a rain, I have to get out there and spray m y plants with this method.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote